Does one have to enable APTX?

Jetmech

I have the Yamaha YBA11 Bluetooth adapter that supports APTX. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 8 that also has APTX. Do you have to do anything to enable it or just start streaming the music and the gear does the rest? Also is APTX specific to any particular music playing apps or is it something that is part of the hardware on the tablet\phone?

I have the Yamaha YBA11 Bluetooth adapter that supports APTX. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 8 that also has APTX. Do you have to do anything to enable it or just start streaming the music and the gear does the rest? Also is APTX specific to any particular music playing apps or is it something that is part of the hardware on the tablet\phone?
Just start streaming. As long as the transmitter and receiver are aptX capable...you're good to go.

The aptX codec is part of the Bluetooth standard and is hard-coded to the device chip.

If both devices support AptX, they should negotiate that as a priority protocol, no intervention is needed.
For example when I connect my Moto G4Plus to a soundbar that supports AptX (like Harman Kardon) it will connect using AptX. I did verify that by using Bluetooth snooping (after enabling developer options on my phone).
Now, I cannot guarantee that that will happen 100% on your combo, but it should...

Back
Top Bottom