Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Take care of your family, I'm pretty sure everyone here understands and if they don't....

Yeah I know but it still made me feel like shit having to put people off who I made promises to ,every member who has McIntosh parts coming from me should see them tomorrow as I shipped this morning via overnight airmail ,my treat ,no $ owed .

Me and my "Kids" out for a cruise.

View attachment 1402508

I am so jealous ,when our Hoss was a baby I covered the tank of my 1993 Fatboy with sheepskin & take him riding with me ,once Hoss got too big to sit between my legs & I was teaching him how to climb the passenger floor board to sit on the P pad my wife threw a wrench in my plans ,she won't allow me to put Hoss on the back even though he hops up on the bikes all the time wanting to go for a ride ,your lucky your pooches are allowed to ride ,nothing on Earth makes a pooch more happy than going for a ride .

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the awesome posts and members pooches but it's been horrible at our home ,the tumor taken from my doggies lung was malignent and she has lung cancer ,they also found & removed a malignent growth on her kidney ,weve spent the week probing different vets to find which vet is the most experienced in beating K 9 cancers & pricing her treatment ,we're $3,800 in so far & it looks like anywhere from another $4,000 on the low end as high as $10,000 to get her over this lung & kidney cancer ordeal ,she's 10 years old but acts like she's 2 or 3 so I know she has some more good years left in her .

We have an appointment Wednesday at the K 9 oncologist office to have her evaluated to see if she meets the criteria for surviving multiple rounds of chemotherapy while retaining some quality of life ,my wife weeps all day & I'm just as bad except I don't cry ,dogs are great until we are faced with these decisions , I hope everyone else's pooches are happy & healthy ,I'm doing all I can to get my girl back on her feet ,take care guys .

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the awesome posts and members pooches but it's been horrible at our home ,the tumor taken from my doggies lung was malignent and she has lung cancer ,they also found & removed a malignent growth on her kidney ,weve spent the week probing different vets to find which vet is the most experienced in beating K 9 cancers & pricing her treatment ,we're $3,800 in so far & it looks like anywhere from another $4,000 on the low end as high as $10,000 to get her over this lung & kidney cancer ordeal ,she's 10 years old but acts like she's 2 or 3 so I know she has some more good years left in her .

We have an appointment Wednesday at the K 9 oncologist office to have her evaluated to see if she meets the criteria for surviving multiple rounds of chemotherapy while retaining some quality of life ,my wife weeps all day & I'm just as bad except I don't cry ,dogs are great until we are faced with these decisions , I hope everyone else's pooches are happy & healthy ,I'm doing all I can to get my girl back on her feet ,take care guys .

I wish I had all the right things to say, sadly I don't. This is an incredibly tough time for you, I know because I've been exactly where you are now. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this troubled time in your lives. I'm certain you'll do whatever is best for her.

Godspeed my fellow dog loving friend.

Panhead, just know that everyone here has you and your baby girl in our thoughts. After 15 years we lost our other girl last March and there has been an empty hole in our pack ever since.
Try to stay strong.

Thank you for the the kind words ,hearing what choice you had to make and are living with means you definitely empathize with how broken hearted we are ,but we haven't given up hope ,the last dozen years we've spent alot of time with our furry pals I wouldn't trade for anything ,the wife & i have made the decision to spend whatever it takes to put our girl through the best chemotherapy treatment available, wednesday we will know if she's meets the criteria for treatment at the college veterinary oncology program to begin immediate treatment ,it's times like this when you see what people are made of ,a few family members think we're insane for spending what's needed for her to undergo chemotherapy and enjoy another year of life ,we can get more money but never will we have the bond that will be lost when she's gone ,as long as she can enjoy her final year with a highly functional life then we are going ahead with the treatment ,we're doing it for us as much as for her mate and the son they raised together In our home ,the pup who suckled from her till he was 4 years old is thick as thieves with his momma and will be crushed if/when she passes ,we're hoping for a year at least ,thanks again .

We we're checking our baby girl over yesterday and found a mass the size of a pork chop under her skin near where the original tumor was removed ,we rushed her to the emergency vet surgeon and received the horrific news ,the husband to our big male and mother of my wife's service dog Hoss has 3 more days to live ,the tumor will just keep growing back faster & bigger if we have it removed ,the vet is worried about the tumor actually bursting through her skin at the lightning speed it's growing ,I'm crushed and my wife is sedated with one 2mg zanax every 8 hours from her doctor ,we took her in tonight for a pain shot ,when the doc saw how traumatic it is for our entire family he is now doing house calls to keep her comfortable .

Monday between 4pm and 430 pm is when she will take her last breath and it terrifys me ,it's a fact that dogs whove mated for life and raised a pup they've spent their entire lives with are at high risk of dying from heartbreak ,the vet warned me about it and wants to put her mate and son on antidepressants for dogs as soon as the boys are brought inside to see their wife/mother laying lifeless on her little doggy bed .

The big make is standing gaurd and won't allow anybody except my wife to touch her ,her son is laying snuggled up to her wimpering ,he nudges her breasts every few minutes in an attempt to get her on her feet ,when she won't get up & play he howls ,needless to say I'm on my way getting drunk as a skunk or I'll snap ,Monday ends the best 11 years I've had in my life & begins the torture for " Blue Momma's " husband and son ,aside from my feelings I can't help but see the suffering our other 2 doggies are going through ,they fully sense her impending death ,heres a happy pic of her flapped out on the only furniture their allowed to get on .
20171122_143404_1511911111611_1514502188609.jpg

Here's one of her and her mate enjoying the simple things in life together ,they stare at the fire for hours & we're very happy here last month ,the rapid weight gain is from the tumors .
20171224_122454_1514502311373.jpg

Here's her son keeping his vigil while my wife & son carried her outside to go potty .
20181216_171539_1.jpg

Sitting here,well laying here actually ,half in the bag and holding my pooch I just touched her in the wrong spot and she howled in pain but still couldn't get up ,I'll sober up tomorrow and make the call I'm dreading ,if she can't walk & it hurts to touch her then it's her time ,my wife's keeping the big male away so I can sleep with her curled next to her favorite spot by the fireplace one last night ,they bring so much joy to my life but leave a hole in my heart one could drive a truck through when I have to make these calls ,I'm balling my eyes out as i type this while my doggie looks at me wondering why I hurt her just now ,tomorrow is the day unless I see some hope once I'm sober .

G'night all .

If she's in pain, make the right choice. It sounds like you've been down this road a time or two, so you know what to do. She'd thank you for it if she could.

My deepest sympathies.

Back
Top Bottom