Double preamp for remote

manu et deo

I'm loving it!
Subscriber
Is there a way to do this or another way that I just can't think of. I would have to assume two pre amps is a bad idea just to have a remote

Last edited:
Easy
Inputs preamp use tape out to aux in on the remotes preamp and it becomes the vol bal tone pre to the amp

What would the point be of the non-remote preamp. Certainly nothing can be gained by running through a second pre.

The non remote pre has some nice features but no remote. Some newer remote-able pre amps don't have same features. Now obviously the best choice would be to get a pre that does everything but what do you do if you don't have that luxury.

You do like was done in the old days. Get up and go to the unit and do the adjustments, sit back down, then get up again to tweak, and sit down. Rinse and repeat!

manu et deo....It's good exercise for ya. :) Keeps ya from getting things like arthritic hips and phlebitis in the legs from sitting all the time. Plus you'll be able to fit in the chair 5-10 years down the road!:p Or get a really long dowel with a suction cup on the end. Tap and Turn.

I've got grandkids to get Pop-Pop whatever he wants. My 4 year old grandson can work both my 800c, and my x-101-B like a champ. My 6 yr old grand-daughter comes over and glues herself to a pair of Pro-4A's I got when I was a freshman in High School in '69 and are hooked up to her KLH-20 and goes to town on her Old Disney and jazz records here. Plus some Mills Brothers, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Dorsey Brothers, XAVIER CUGAT(she loves Him!), Harry James, etc. I let her borrow. I haven't introduced her to Pink Floyd yet, but she'll get some Allman Brothers and CCR soon and 1st.

My grandparents (Paternal) lived in Edgemont, now Moreno Valley (Grant St) near March AFB back in '51 and up to about '66. Both are gone now and the area has gone downhill drastically from what i see from google maps. Too bad. It was fairly nice neighborhood back in the late 50's early 60's from what I remember.

Last edited:
I live down the road from March ARB (now) in one of the many bedroom cities of So Cal with endless tracts of brown yards and mini malls

I'm having a hard time understanding what "feature" a preamp needs?? It should select inputs and perform proper RIAA equalization and do it all as cleanly as possible. What else does it need to do? This thread started out vague and hard to make sense of and hasn't gotten much better.

Ok one pre has RIAA adjustments and one doesn't. Guess which one? Other that laziness there is no good reason to use two. Just thinking out loud so I can see if someone smarter that me sees something I don't.

Back
Top Bottom