Downsizing, simplifying, and moving on...

richamor

amateur house husband
I've not been around much lately. Between work, other interests, and general dicking around I just don't seem to have the time. The system is on all day every day generally streaming Spotify HiFi just like right now.

Current system:

Bryston B100 Integrated Amp (with remote:biggrin:)
Spendor SP3/1P Speakers
AmiMusik DDH-1 DAC
Auralic Aries Mini with 400G HD
Mojo Audio JouleV5 Power Supply for Aires and AmiMusik
Emmeline F117 Nighthawk phono pre
Linn LP12
Def tech PF15 sub

Mapleshade speaker wires and assorted interconnects. The sub will be replaced asap. The Mojo Audio PS made a much bigger difference than I would have thought.
I'm quite happy with this and I need to be. Retirement is coming and other hobbies are gradually siphoning monies from the audio account. Wife want to start spending more time in the RV next year, and so do I, and am looking at powered speakers with bluetooth.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Traveling in a RV gets a bit old after awhile but we used to go a few times a year when we could afford to. Plan to get our 34' Allegro running again this Spring though, might head up to Maine for a week or two then. Weird, I can pour gas in the carb and it will start right up but I have no fuel pressure otherwise. It started just dying on steep hills (would restart) but now won't start unless I feed the carb. The rear fuel pump is new, inline filters are all new as is the mechanical pump so I am at a loss as to the problem but will get to it. 454 Chevy's are easy to work on and the fuel system is pretty much straightforward. However, if it's the sending unit, that will be a bit harder as we have a 80 gallon fuel tank and I would have to drop that to check it

Good luck on your future adventures!!!

Nothing wrong with that list! Congrats on being able to do the things you want to do. no doubt this hobby can be a bit introverted at times.

Traveling in a RV gets a bit old after awhile but we used to go a few times a year when we could afford to. Plan to get our 34' Allegro running again this Spring though, might head up to Maine for a week or two then. Weird, I can pour gas in the carb and it will start right up but I have no fuel pressure otherwise. It started just dying on steep hills (would restart) but now won't start unless I feed the carb. The rear fuel pump is new, inline filters are all new as is the mechanical pump so I am at a loss as to the problem but will get to it. 454 Chevy's are easy to work on and the fuel system is pretty much straightforward. However, if it's the sending unit, that will be a bit harder as we have a 80 gallon fuel tank and I would have to drop that to check it

Good luck on your future adventures!!!
my my aunt's motorhome had 2 fuel pumps 1 near the tank and another one up close by the motor she had the same problem with her motorhome I kept changing out the fuel pump with no results then discovered it had the second fuel pump it also was powered by a 454 Chevy

From what I read you have replaced the fuel filters and both fuel pumps, there is normally short pieces of rubber fuel line to join the steel together as the rubber ages it collapses and or softens which would cause a restriction or total blockages. One other thing to check would be at the bottom of the sending unit inside the fuel tank there is a filter also called a strainer or sock, this also gets plugged up. Hope this helps. Richamor hit the road man the system will be there when you get back. Enjoy life and your wife, we only go around once.

Thanks for the love folks!! Yeah....we have a plan but implementation may take some finagling. Problem is the wife has this job and doesn't want to give it up. Don't understand it nope.

Looks like the Linn may be sold so will have to make do with the Kenwood KD500. But that will fund the 2 SVS subs so kind of a win/win there.

And Northwinds I think tater may be on to something. With that much length I would bet on there being a booster pump somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom