DSP-A1 Wall Mounting?

AltonBarber

Howdy,

Ive come for advice on wall mounting my A1. So I bought a A1 last week and I forgot to measure it before I got it off craigslist and it does not fit on my record shelving/storage unit. my shelving/storage unit it 13 inches wide and the A1 is 18 3/4 inches...... bummmmer. So i figured the best bet is to mount this on my wall above my record shelving unit so it does not take up anymore room in my living room

Question. Is there anything on the market that will hold
Width = 435mm/17-1/8 in., Height = 191mm/7-1/2 in., Depth = 473mm/18-3/4 in and a weight of 55 pounds! ive seen some shelf's online and they all seem way to small and not strong enough to hold the weight of this beast.

Im sure I can talk to some local woodworkers and get a custom floating shelf but i was wondering if there was any one that i can just buy and save the hassle.

or if any of you folks had anyideas.

Thanks so much

Andrew-

You could do a search for turntable wall shelf's. I'm sure you'd get plenty of matches, that could handle the size and weight of the A1. But, they won't be cheap! It'd probably cost more than what you paid for the Yamaha. So as you mentioned, you might be better off making a shelf, or having one made. Clone one of the shelves you find in your search.

Back
Top Bottom