Dual 1019 and Shure V15xMR

bhutton

Would a Shure V15xNR be a good match for a Dual 1019? I have a Shure V15xMR cartridge that needs a replacement stylus, Saw the Jico and the Ed Saunders offerings, don't know much about the Ed Saunders stylus.

I think any Shure cartridge is a good fit on a Dual. I use a V-15 III on my 701 and a V-15 II on my 1019. Both cartridges are fitted with the Jico SAS stylus wich will elevate a Shure cartridge to a new level.

Thank you for your replies, I think the Jico will be the way to go. At the present moment I am using what looks to be a vintage Stanton 500 with a new stylus.I bought the Shure V15mXR years ago but I broke the stylus accidentally a while back and never replaced it. Just acquired the Dual and thought the Shure would be better than the Stanton.

Should work well. Did not like the Stanton. Had it on my 1015 a few days. Have a Shure M95 on it now...much better. Good luck

I would recommend this be used on a lower mass Dual arm. It will still play nice but would be best on a 1229 or later model tonearm. The best I have heard the V 15 xMR was on a SME III tonearm, the Mayware Formula IV, the Infinity Black Widow or the Grace 707. All those arms didn't even need the dynamic stabilizer to play nice. The Dual 1019 will need it.

Thank you for your replies, I think the Jico will be the way to go. At the present moment I am using what looks to be a vintage Stanton 500 with a new stylus.I bought the Shure V15mXR years ago but I broke the stylus accidentally a while back and never replaced it. Just acquired the Dual and thought the Shure would be better than the Stanton.

Whatever you do, don't use the Dual's auto-start function! It drops the arm too abruptly for the delicate SAS suspension to handle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom