Dual 1019 cartrige help

mentalmonkey

Hello everyone! Great forum! I recently aquired a Dual 1019/Type CK-5 turntable. Its in pretty good shape minus a dust cover and a small nick. I need a new sylus or cartrige. When the cartrige is dropped from the headshell, it says Dual TK-113, after removing the small (p-mount?) screw, it says Azden YM-P50C. Can anyone give me a part number for a stylus? If not, what would be your recomentation for the cheapest decent sounding cartrige to replace with?

Thanks in advance

PS

I forgot to mention I'm a pretty dumb newbe concerning Vinyl. I found an old tube Curtis Mathus console at Goodwill a year ago, and I started some record buying. The CM player is in need of a needle and adjustment, so I've been Turntable less for a while untill I found the Dual last week.

Welcome aboard MM

Slap a Shure M92 on the dual and enjoy years of excellent music. They run under 30 bucks.

Thanks Grumpy!

I've read a bit of the past post on these forums and you seem to be one of the "Gurus" here. Am I correct in assuming that any P-mount with a certain tracking force will fit my mount? I'll look up the Shure you mentioned. Thanks for the quick reply

Shure m92 and m92E same?

Hope I don't sound too dumb, but I've only found the M92E for sale. Is it the same. Just want to make sure before I order (garage-a-records.com for $29 free shipping).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom