Dumped my HT system for this

lightcapture

Sounds great to my ears...bass, clarity, highs, dynamics, and soundstage size are all there.

The stuff:
Consonance C-100 (120/180 wpc) integrated amp
Yamaha BD-S677 all-format Universal/ Blu-Ray player
Rotel RT940ax FM/AM tuner
Seas Froy Mk3 built-up in Paragon Radiant speaker cabinets incorporating bi-wire x-over and QED silver wire

The peripheral stuff:
Linn K20 low loss speaker wire
Dynamic Design Platinum silver interconnect from BD player
MIT Terminator2 interconnect from tuner
Audioquest Sidewinder interconnect from TV

The next move:
Sell my 1-1/2 yr old Yamaha BD-S677 player to purchase their new Aventage BD-A1060 player w/ balance audio output to incorporate the XLR balanced input of my amp

system2316.jpg
rack angle2302.jpg
amp front2309.jpg
rear2261.jpg
Bdp front2311.jpg
Paragon_1517.jpg

Last edited:
It's a lovely system, a neat and nice array of decent gear. The little Rotel tuners are greatly under-appreciated and a bargain if you can find them.

Well done, and thanks for sharing. :)

The next move:
Hooking it up!

index.php

Just kidding. Nice looking system.

Sounds great to my ears...bass, clarity, highs, dynamics, and soundstage size are all there.

The stuff:
Consonance C-100 (120/180 wpc) integrated amp
Yamaha BD-S677 all-format Universal/ Blu-Ray player
Rotel RT940ax FM/AM tuner
Seas Froy Mk3 built-up in Paragon Radiant speaker
View attachment 1006424

So does your 2channel set-up sound better than the HT setup. In your opinion ?
No need for a center or surrounds ?
Are you using a sub ?

I dumped my HT years ago for a average 2 channel set-up,.
Now into a above Average 2 channel set-up..

I really like your Seas Froy 's , bet their actually the Jewell's of you system...
Delta..

So does your 2channel set-up sound better than the HT setup. In your opinion ?
No need for a center or surrounds ?
Are you using a sub ?

I dumped my HT years ago for a average 2 channel set-up,.
Now into a above Average 2 channel set-up..

I really like your Seas Froy 's , bet their actually the Jewell's of you system...
Delta..

When we had a nice HT system we found the surround channels did add too much for us. We did like it when we had a very high quality center channel for dialogue clarity in a 3.1 system. But with a high end amp and speakers the dialogue is quite intelligible, and bass is very good indeed. One thing where 2 channel excels is the ability to get very high quality amplification for less than high end AVRs, and there is sound degradation from extra processing. The amp I have now pushes 180 wpc @4 ohms, which is what the Seas speakers are. And yes the Seas Froy mk3 speakers are a jewel for sure, but the Consonance C100 is a really a Hegel H1/H100 under its skin, a very fine piece of amplification that most people no nothing of.

Back
Top Bottom