DVD player as a dedicated CD player.!

I retired my old DVD player to be the audio CD player because it has audio outs. My new blue ray player doesn't. Both Sony's.

Its likely many popular Blu-ray players under $200 don't have a onboard DAC, Not just Sony. I use a cheap small external DAC with my very good Sony 4K/3D Blu-ray player that does a fine job feeding my vintage receiver.

Don't count out that 203, I picked it up for its native 4k ability but after doing some serious 2ch listening with it I felt it sounded better than my 105 which was shocking to me. Check out audiohaulics review if you haven't already on the 203 & 205, they have about the same thing to say about the 203.

Audiofreak71

Interesting. Maybe the 105 just wasn't getting it because I have heard that for 2-channel the 95 is actually preferable to the 105. Which is fine by me because when I decided to get rid of all my thrift store disc spinners and get One Player To Rule Them All the 95 fit into my budget used, while the 105... didn't.

Interesting. Maybe the 105 just wasn't getting it because I have heard that for 2-channel the 95 is actually preferable to the 105. Which is fine by me because when I decided to get rid of all my thrift store disc spinners and get One Player To Rule Them All the 95 fit into my budget used, while the 105... didn't.

Main advantage of 95 and 93 over newer players is ability to play home made SACD (downloaded ISO image written on DVD-R). Later models dropped that feature, as they dropped ability to play BD disk files copied to computer storage.

Oppo - 83SL, 95, 105, 205 models

Are you making reference, e.g., to Oppo BDP-95?

61HbPh3VeBL._SX616_.jpg

Or is that an older DVD player? I´m interested in the ability to play SACD-ISO burned DVD-R´s and there are a few local sellers of that model.

Last edited:
Are you making reference, e.g., to Oppo BDP-95?

61HbPh3VeBL._SX616_.jpg

Or is that an older DVD player? I´m interested in the ability to play SACD-ISO burned DVD-R´s and there are a few local sellers of that model.

That one - BDP-95 (and also 93 and earlier models).

DVD player? Pfft....

My current dedicated cd player is a laser disc player, the Pioneer CLD-D505. Yo, it's got that specific laser disc sound that only a few can obtain...:)

Back
Top Bottom