Dynaco ST-410 ....... OMG !!!

I built a 410 from a kit back in the 70's. Used it to power my DQ-10's, so they do have lots of power. All the circuit boards were stuffed and wave soldered from the factory, really a no-brainer to build.

Great buy for $50, may sure take a good look at any components that may need replacing.

So many too quote, so little room. So I'll just say "synergy" I've been blown away by it! And Marantz 500, thank you! I've been tootin' this horn for awhile, Adcom,SAE,Kenwood amps(For me as an owner) the more my 'Logan's load them down the better the sound, as long as I stay in the sweet-spot of the amp that's where I hear the control! I'm just babbing anyway but, OP I Know what you mean, it's pretty cool .....eh:thmbsp::thmbsp:
Craig

Yes I built the kit back then also. I built the 410, pat4, and a sca 80q integrated amp. I also built the Hafler 220 and DH-101 preamp. Those were the golden days of audio.

I have a chance to get a Dynaco 410 and center speaker. They were sold as a set and the 410 was professionaly built. My problem is it is a 2 channel with 200 wpc. My speakers are all 100 watt speakers. Should I use resistors to bring down the wattage or just only go about 40% up on the volume. In a few months I can get higher wattage speakers. Any suggestions are appreciated. Losaiko1234

I have a chance to get a Dynaco 410 and center speaker. They were sold as a set and the 410 was professionaly built. My problem is it is a 2 channel with 200 wpc. My speakers are all 100 watt speakers. Should I use resistors to bring down the wattage or just only go about 40% up on the volume. In a few months I can get higher wattage speakers. Any suggestions are appreciated. Losaiko1234
You want your amp to have higher output wattage than your speakers, that 100 watts doesn't really mean much. Just don't turn it up extremely loud.

Back
Top Bottom