Dynamic drums

If you want dynamic drums there are 2 albums that you should own. 1 is
Ghost In the Machine / The Police and the other one is Landing on Water / Neil Young.
It's obvious on these recordings the drums are front and center in the mix and are prominently displayed.

If you want dynamic drums there are 2 albums that you should own. 1 is
Ghost In the Machine / The Police and the other one is Landing on Water / Neil Young.
It's obvious on these recordings the drums are front and center in the mix and are prominently displayed.

On the Neil Young— Wasn’t that Steve Jordan?

Dynamic drummer if ever there was one!

GJ

And On Every Street isn't it unusual to end a song with a guitar break?
For drums there's Steve Gadd . My Father's Eyes from Clapton's Pilgrim.

Shocked we got to page 2 without a mention of Dr. Steve Gadd... 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, Aja, etc.

Cozy Powell also deserves mention... Rainbow Rising.

I, too, am a huge fan of Stewart Copeland... and The Professor.

Alan Reni Wren from The Stone Roses is good too. In the early days they were described as an average band with a great drummer. He is all over the kit.

Ocean's 11 Soundtrack by David Holmes has plenty of this. Unsure if it is sampled or original but it's one of the better percussive albums I've heard.

Just Finished: Bob Marley & The Wailers, "Live in Santa Monica" (DVD)

index.php

Dynamic Drums & Percussion?

Carly Barrett and Alvin "Seeco" Patterson. that's who...

GJ

"

Bill FerrisSuper Member
New
Quite a few tracks on the well known and talented drummer: Billy Cobham`s DDD CD "Warning" are pretty damn dynamic IMHO/E."

What is the title of this CD? Is it DDD or is that referring to how it was recorded, mastered, etc in all digital. Not sure which CD of his this refers to.

"

Bill FerrisSuper Member
New
Quite a few tracks on the well known and talented drummer: Billy Cobham`s DDD CD "Warning" are pretty damn dynamic IMHO/E."

What is the title of this CD? Is it DDD or is that referring to how it was recorded, mastered, etc in all digital. Not sure which CD of his this refers to.

"Warning" is the name of the Billy Cobham CD that I`m referring to ^^^^..

DDD, means that the music was totally recorded, mixed down and transferred to the CD without ever leaving the digital domain..

Be careful with playing it at elevated SPL`s !!

Back
Top Bottom