Dystopian Film List

Have you read Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World?
Not yet.
Only others were Kafka on the Shore and Wind up Bird Chronicle
Needless to say I'm quite thrilled that I have so much more to look forward to reading:thumbsup:

Not yet.
Only others were Kafka on the Shore and Wind up Bird Chronicle
Needless to say I'm quite thrilled that I have so much more to look forward to reading:thumbsup:

I too have read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore is on my to read list which gets longer with each passing year. I think the list will be very long when my lids are forever closed. :D

Last edited:
You went to see a movie? Heh! ( @transmaster there really needs to be an 80s Fantasy film thread. I start too many on this forum. /looks your way... )

Hollywood is devoid of new ideas and loves remakes. Imagine if all the bad 80s fantasy films were given the Game of Thrones treatment?

Krull
Excalibur
Dragonslayer
Willow
Beastmaster
Sword and the Sorcerer
Masters on the Universe

Would.See.Every.Single.One!

...and now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I just noticed your replacement picture and it appears she's had an enhancement since making that movie.

Last edited:
I'll go back, rewatch them, and let you know.

Thanks for the offer.

I got my answer this morning. Found out yesterday that a friend is watching this series and his description of one episode indicated it was based on PKD's short story Autofac. He watched another episode last night and informed me this morning that the credits said it was based on a PKD short story, but the credits didn't say which one.

Last edited:
1 episode away from from finishing the PKD series "Electric Dreams" - watched 2 last night and when the second came on and I saw the title "The Father-thing" I got all weirdy-creepy inside. Had no idea that was a PKD story (from 1954, apparently before his first published novel!)
I read it in a SF anthology many many years ago and it completely creeped me out - the updated story with Greg Kinnear actually did it pretty well!
I'd just read AutoFac for the first time recently ... again, did not realize it was PKD - who knew?
So far I have been impressed with most of them - tho the Steve Buscemi film kinda left me cold.

gun fu - oh yes, Equilibrium!! A must have ...

1 episode away from from finishing the PKD series "Electric Dreams" - watched 2 last night and when the second came on and I saw the title "The Father-thing" I got all weirdy-creepy inside. Had no idea that was a PKD story (from 1954, apparently before his first published novel!)
I read it in a SF anthology many many years ago and it completely creeped me out - the updated story with Greg Kinnear actually did it pretty well!
I'd just read AutoFac for the first time recently ... again, did not realize it was PKD - who knew?
So far I have been impressed with most of them - tho the Steve Buscemi film kinda left me cold.

I have to rewatch that one. I felt like I missed a key detail early on.

Was really bored and compared the Amazon Electric Dreams episode titles with PKD's short story titles (Wiki) and found six matches. Two were written in 52, one in 53 and three in 55.

Upside Down (2012)

I'm adding this here, I don't think it's been metioned (search didn't show anything). Great film visually, but some of story is questionable. I say see it.

Back
Top Bottom