Early Klipschorn Housing Plans

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by script56, Feb 17, 2017.

1. script56

script56 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hello. Does anyone know where to find plans to build housing for early khorn? See pic for example. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

3. Coytee

Coytee AK Subscriber Subscriber

are you thinking on trying to build the internals?

My understanding is it's quite a daunting speaker (to build with good quality)

Here's what the internals look like.

Attached Files:

4. Coytee

Coytee AK Subscriber Subscriber

Looking closer at your picture, I wonder if it's even the real thing. The Khorn has two sections. The top section is totally removable from the lower section. The top 'frame' (what you see on yours) isn't attached to the bottom at all. If you took a genuine Khorn, disassembled it as I interpret yours to be...I don't think the top section would continue to stay in place (maybe you have it attached somehow)

In the real world, the bass bin is a "box" for lack of better word and the top 'box' sits on top of the bottom 'box' and has some wing nuts that secure it in place.

5. sheltie dave

sheltie dave Addicted Member

That is an EV Georgian shell that replicates the Khorn look with the tophat double collar. For plans, Volvoteer's are among the better.

6. sheltie dave

sheltie dave Addicted Member

That is likely an Electrovice Georgian shell, made to replicate the look of the double collar "B" version of the Khorn. In no way is this Klipsch.

Volvotreter's KHorn plans are among the better out on the web. http://wp.volvotreter.de/dl-section/plans/