Ebay scam?

Glad to hear it.

Nothing in theemporium22 sales feedback history suggests they had ever dealt with high end audio. The biggest red flag of all is the warning not to place any bids and to email the seller to make a deal outside of eBay.

Had scam written all over the 1,2xx listings and the account had obviously been hacked.

LOOKS LIKE THE SCAMMER IS BACK....
multiple listings for high end gear with same CONTACT ME ONLY and same PRICE for each piece.
Here's one example...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/McIntosh-MC...762213?hash=item3ae5a2e965:g:MDUAAOSwlMFZKZHt
and another...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-IN...761328?hash=item3ae5a2e5f0:g:g5wAAOSw1WJZKZHJ

What is really interesting is that the real 'stevehd' seems to be continuing to list the usual sort of items he sells without noticing his account has been hijacked.

When you click on the button to message the seller, you are taken to an off-eBay page, for communication about the purchase.

So, after you send the moneygram, you won't get the widget, and you have no protection, after the sale.

Yes, those Sony SS-M9 ed's are back up again. Funny thing is, they use the same serial number each time. Lol

What is really interesting is that the real 'stevehd' seems to be continuing to list the usual sort of items he sells without noticing his account has been hijacked.

Would it be appropriate to contact him and let him know?
I don't know how to contact ebay and get the scammer shut down but I could contact the real account owner by ask a question link.

I notice this time the items are "only" $1000 USD. Last time it was $1500.

Would it be appropriate to contact him and let him know?
I don't know how to contact ebay and get the scammer shut down but I could contact the real account owner by ask a question link.

I notice this time the items are "only" $1000 USD. Last time it was $1500.

I think the entire account is hacked (messaging and all). I had the sellers both email me back on the last ones

Back
Top Bottom