eBay score!!

Lazarus Short

And about time, too! It arrived today, a Toshiba DVD player, packed in a cut-down cardboard box (single ply) and cushioned with wads of NEWSPAPER. Yes, seems that it will work if you stuff it in until it is dense. The DVD player arrived perfect and works great - in fact, it is bitchin! I listened to a CD with it thru the Stax, and it was very nice indeed. I will now sell my Denon and Proton CDP's.

Yes, the Compact Disc Player is now obsolete, all of them. Lazarus Short has spoken it!

Laz

What model? An SD-3950/3960? Modded?

I love my 3960 and it's stone stock.

Yes, the Compact Disc Player is now obsolete, all of them.

Well maybe. Maybe not.

I gave a friend my ancient Technics 5 disc CD player (I have too much equipment). We compared it to the CD playback on his DVD player.

The DVD player (forgot the brand) sucks on CD playback. The 15 year old CDP sounded much nicer!

Obviously it does not on your DVD player so I guess all DVD players are not equal!

Andyman & GaryP, it's an...

SD-1200. The dog chomped the remote to the old one, so I won the bid on another. My daughter gets to watch her DVD's again, and I get the new unit for a CDP.

That's an interesting observation on the old CDP vs. new DVDP. I can't say that I'm surprised. Obviously, for Toshiba, the audio was not an afterthought.

Laz

Back
Top Bottom