EchoWars

EchoWars

Hiding in Honduras
Sponsor
Hi ya'all!

Quick Bio...born in Kansas City, Missouri, graduated HS in Lee's Summit. It was in HS that I discovered real high-fidelity when an older friend cranked up some tunes on a nice Dynaco/Dual/Shure/Altec VOTT setup, and I was hooked. Although I was studying auto mechanics and journalism at the time, audio became the reason I studied electronics in college.

Tough to make a living with that audio stuff, though, and after graduation I took a job as a robotics tech and moved to Boise, ID. Lots of job changes, and several moves later (lived in Austin, TX, Chandler, AZ, and Colorado Springs, CO), I ended up back in Kansas City. With the high-tech industry being what it is here in the Midwest, I simply have started to work for myself...fixing all that cool 70's gear that none of us could afford when it was new.

My technical background is such that, the equipment I worked on before in the print and semiconductor industry HAD to be fixed right the first time, or you weren't going to have a job for long. Once I started doing repairs on audio gear, I discovered that there's a LOT of guys out there that do NOT have this attitude with regard to amplifiers and receivers and such. As long as I can continue to do this the way that I want (take my time and see that it is done right), I'll do so. Or at least until someone decides to give me a real job (back in Boise would be nice, thank you...)

Lot of great guys on this website, and I've made many friends. Hang around, and you can do the same.

He speaks in tongues and never sleeps. An amazing asset. And a damned fine dude to hoist a beer with, as well. Another reason to be proud to be associated with AK>

Less than 2-1/2 hours from Lincoln the way I drive. Some day I need to stop by with a few brewskis for a visit.
Just last Wendesday I made it through from Harrisonville to I-435 to I-29 at 80+ mph--yup going through Lee's Summit I though about you :yes:
Damn all--when are they ever going to finish that construction at the big intersection? I did loose speed through that area.

EW's thread on Amplifier Distortion, DC offset... gave me just enough info to realize that I could take on more than just spraying down the switches and polishing the faceplate. Was able to dial in a couple of receivers using his instructions and have taken on a few other repairs since.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Alan

I've never met the man but I've done enough business, had enough PM's and email correspondence that I do have an opinion about EchoWars the man.

Not only is the man smart but he's a snappy dresser too. . . LOL. . .

Rather than turn these threads into "I love me" threads lets just say that the man is a true legend and we got him all to ourselves. . .

That's a big thing. . .

I've had the pleasure of meeting EW too. Just kicked back and listened to lot's of tunes on several different systems. We need to do that more often. Jay

God I got to get out to KC...

No excuses. My kids live in Olartha. One of these days I like to meet you Glen. Told me how to get the cover off a tuner in a big honkin Pioneer SX 1980. After that I was able to get her fixed up. God that receiver sounded sweet on my bench hooked to JBL !00's. Cant afford one but got a cool SX 850 that took care of the bug!!! It sounds good on the bench and is my tester for things I work on.

One of these days Glen!

Eric:music:

Never met Glenn, but I've heard a zillion things about him--all of them good. He sure is a legend around here.

I can add my name to the list of folks who've not had the pleasure of meeting Glenn in person as of yet. I hope to do that one day and maybe even hoist a few cold ones with him, possibly at the Fest. But for now this will have to do........
Thanks for all you do to keep the good old gear running Glenn. Here's to you EW!
hoistacoldone.jpg

I wouldn't argue with anybody who uses a .44 Mag for an eating utensil!

And I enjoy his intelligent, thoughtful posts, too.

Last edited:
Looking forward to speaking more indepth with you
some day,when that certain unit come's along!
Thanks for being such an asset to our community~
Mark.

Back
Top Bottom