EchoWars

The amazing thing that I'm sure a lot of us experienced since joining AK was going from having almost zero knowledge or interest in vintage audio to having it become an important part of our lives. I think Glenn has played a large role in shedding the light on this hobby/obsession for many of us newbies. I stumbled across this site quite randomly. If not for a series of seemingly insignificant events, I would have never even made the connection to vintage audio, let alone repairing anything electronic. And I wouldn't have found all the wonderful things that comes with it (rediscovering vinyl for example). I believe many of the best and most rewarding experiences come to us spontaneously.

I've had several technical discussions with Glenn on PM about a variety of units that I've tinkered around with (at first out of curiosity and for practice), and eventually I was even able to do some minor work and troubleshooting that has helped me discover that I can do several types of repairs, and get a big kick out of learning about all the stuff that goes into Solid State equipment. I even got inspired to take a course in Electronics a short time later.

So, I guess y'all are tryin' to say Glenn is THE MAN!!!....... Well, I couldn't agree more!!

Thanks Glenn, for all you do.

Ron

I never neglect to read a posting or thread from Glenn because it will either have great information or be entertaining. He is one of the legends on AK, for sure.

(waves)

Yeah, yeah, I know -- I need to ship you my receiver. And no peanuts this time! Haven't forgotten.

You guys are silly...:nutz:

Still wouldn't trade ya for, say, Army's speakers... Well, probably not anyway.:deal:

EW, thanks for hanging around. It's been a pleasure to get to know a little about electronics from a guy with a great attitude. To many more....

Collin

EW is THE MAN. Hats off to the guy who keeps the lights on and the music playing!

How did I miss this one? EW is "da man" and I'm in awe of his abilities. Glad to have chatted with ya, Glenn.

EW is definitely "the man" when it comes to our vintage gear. Another good name might be 'Mr. VFET' for all the Sony and Yamaha VFET gear he has saved and upgraded for many of us. It is our honor to know you, Glenn.

I came to AK by way of seeing a link at the bottom of one of 'Pete the Bully''s posts at Audio Asylum.:thmbsp:
One of the first posts to have really caught my eye was this one:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4641&highlight=Kenwood+9100+700C+phono&page=5

It's now just over four years old(and I've resurrected it once more.....).:D
Anyway there was a fellow who posted on it by the moniker of 'EchoWars'.He seemed to know a bit,and kinda was an advocate of Kenwood(though he said they were all good).
In retrospect it was EW's advocacy of the 700 series a little later,which opened a lot of people's eyes to a set of forgotten gems.
Besides enlightening us regarding the Supreme Series,this man(who it's reputed)never sleeps,prefers to spend the time when he hasn't got a soldering-iron in his hand guidng lost souls on AK with tips and helpful suggestions.
In this way he has endeared himself to countless thousands(cue flower-petals being strewn from rooftops),and resurrected to far better than new,many a vintage audio masterpiece which would otherwise be dumpster-bound.:tears:
Let us therefore pay homage to this giant amongst solder jockeys,and raise our voices(and our glasses)to shout vigorously:

:ntwrthy:"Hail,EchoWars!!
May he forever tinker."

Glenn is a priceless resource on AK. I have an EW'd SX-1980 that went to Glenn working, but with disappointing sound, and came back as one of my favorite pieces. That's the essence of what he does, the exact opposite outcome to GIGO, and it's the result of a talented electrical engineer applying knowledge to a long-running passion, with a lot of common sense. Rare enough, all three, and rarer still together.

I've met Glenn personally and talked with him over the phone and conversed with the gentleman
on several occasions.

Glenn is more than knowledgeable in the electronics field. I was a bench tech myself for a few years
and I can safely say that Glenn is a technician's technician (translation - Glenn really knows his chit!)

I'm glad that Glenn is a member here and helps us keep our treasures running as smoothly as possible. :yes: :thmbsp:

Scott

Back
Top Bottom