ehoove gives in - My Main Rig

Very, very-nice setup. You apparently-didn't have to put the Maggies out too-far from the wall - That's good.

Judging from how high up that table is, you must be very-tall.

I know. Not the best placement, but the isolation works very well. With the Blackbirds exposed stylus, It is better that it is out of reach from smaller hands!
Regards,
Jim

I have used the AT 605's since the 70's and now I notice that they are going for stupid money. They do a great job though! How do you like your SA8003? Great unit to me and a real bang for the buck.
Regards,
Jim

I have seen the AT 605's going for stupid money too...lucky for me, I found a set of 8 locally for $40 last year. I was in the market for some isolation feet and these fit the bill perfectly. They look great too. :yes:

I LOVE my SA8003 and won't give it up, ever. It was a huge buy for me, but I think it was well worth it. I don't think anything under $1K could beat it head-to-head. I'm not sure if I have even really "heard" this unit though, as I have it hooked up to a vintage tube integrated/speakers ...but with all do respect have been brought back to specifications by some of the best in the biz (see signature). I sure would like to hear it with some new fangled modern components like yours. I'm probably only missing the most extreme frequency response, which I probably can't even hear, but it would be cool to know it's still being reproduced. Nevertheless, it sounds amazing in my rig. :smoke:

Cory

I have seen the AT 605's going for stupid money too...lucky for me, I found a set of 8 locally for $40 last year. I was in the market for some isolation feet and these fit the bill perfectly. They look great too. :yes:

I LOVE my SA8003 and won't give it up, ever. It was a huge buy for me, but I think it was well worth it. I don't think anything under $1K could beat it head-to-head. I'm not sure if I have even really "heard" this unit though, as I have it hooked up to a vintage tube integrated/speakers ...but with all do respect have been brought back to specifications by some of the best in the biz (see signature). I sure would like to hear it with some new fangled modern components like yours. I'm probably only missing the most extreme frequency response, which I probably can't even hear, but it would be cool to know it's still being reproduced. Nevertheless, it sounds amazing in my rig. :smoke:

Cory

I too feel it is a great unit! I also have a SA8001 in the Vintage Rig. I bought both units retail which is something I rarely do, but they are that good. I would not shortchange your rig by any means, I bet it sounds great. I admire someone who thinks enough of their vintage gear to make sure it is at the top of it's performance curve. Kudos to you!
Regards,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom