Eico's owner group sticky

Discussion in 'Eico Place' started by drtool, Apr 14, 2015.

1. RS Steve

RS Steve Tube Junkie Subscriber

This will be the final shot of the 2080 before it goes back into the wood cabinet, I spent the day spinning some vinyl with it hooked to my Miracord turntable. The 2080 has a fabulous phono section, I'm super impressed with the outcome of this restoration.

20161009_101816.jpg

ferninando likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ferninando

ferninando Lunatic Member

good job.
    looks great.

3. hunter00

hunter00 Super Member

I owned a mint 2080 as well,traded it for a HHscott LC 21 tube pre to match my lk-150 ...no regrets both vintage pieces sound excellent on efficient FR speakers
    Also run an eico integrated [hf -20}in mono with a big University S-8 speaker.
    Another Eico piece{hf-85} tube pre I run with a old electrohome el 84 pp console pull it looks like a dogs breakfast but sounds deadly all recapped

4. gullaz

gullaz Active Member

+1 HF81
    [​IMG]

hunter00 and drtool like this.
  5. nesquik

nesquik New Member

My HF-87 build.

[​IMG]

drtool and Dandy like this.
  6. RS Steve

That's a beauty, well done! I have two HF-87's, both are in need of one output transformer though in order to restore them. And they are two different makes of transformers, so I'm always searching for some.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. nesquik

nesquik New Member

I was lucky that the original output transformers were in great shape. The power transformer, not so much. The power transformer was rebuilt by Heyboer.

I can't confirm the original manufacturer of the output transformers but I highly recommend Heyboer to have them built if needed. If they are the original manufacturer then they may also have the original specs.

8. RS Steve

I most likely will have to go that route, it's very hard finding correct parts for them.

drtool likes this.
  9. lbls1

lbls1 Active Member

Unbelievable. I actually started with hifi's with my dad's Eico Cortina amp and tuner that he passed along to me. I remember being so proud of it when we moved to the (then) new house when I was 13. About a year later I found out why he ditched it for his new set (Sansui 9090DB); The Eico's sound wasn't stable and one channel would not play. I kept it a little while and eventually I threw it away, thinking that it was junk. In its heyday (my dad originally bought it from his cousin) it had decent sound. It was nowhere near as powerful as the Sansui receiver he eventually bought, but for a small system it produced good sound (when it worked).