Emotiva opinions?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by HiFiThor, Apr 16, 2017.

1. runnin'

runnin' Well-Known Member

What led you to believe that?

2. HiFiThor

HiFiThor Active Member

Well I thought I read it in their promotional material somewhere. Proudly made in TN I think. Of course how can any company make anything and survive unless it's made in China.
    Designed in USA, Made in USA and Worldwide.
    All Emotiva products are designed and engineered at our facilities in Tennessee. Our flagship products like the new XMC-1 are made in our state-of-the art production center on-site, while other products are made by our most efficient manufacturing partners, in China and around the world.

3. 91r100gs

91r100gs Addicted Member

As I understand they are expanding their facilities in TN. They are planning to assemble more of their products here as their facilities keep growing here. Just impressed that at least they are trying to make products here in the USA.

4. runnin'

runnin' Well-Known Member

As the quote clearly points out, not all of their products are made in the USA. And when they first started building the XMC-1 and the 3rd gen amps on site, they were assembled with various PCB's and other components made in China and elsewhere. Not sure if they've tried getting some of those boards sourced and made in the US yet like Schiit has been doing since their beginning in 2010.

Schiit makes everything in California. They started in someone's garage in fact, assembling their products just like you know who did.

5. mmickk

mmickk Active Member

I have been using a XPA-2 amp to run a pair of old Polk SDA-2b's for over 5 years now. I just bought one of their new pt-100 pre-amps to pair with it. I have been very happy with its performance, especially considering its cost. I am not one to chase the elusive goal of the "best possible" sound or performance, whatever that might be. If, like many of us, you need good sound at a decent cost point, it is worth looking at.