Emotiva Stealth PA-1 Balanced IcePower Class D Monoblock

fredgarvin

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A review finally on these. They look to be an affordable entry into the Class D arena. Balanced Monoblocks to boot.

I’ll lay it on the line – In my opinion, this is the best-sounding amplifier that Emotiva currently sells. I’ve not heard their fully-differential XPA-1 Gen3 amps (Emotiva’s new flagships), but I like the sound of the PA-1 monoblocks better than the sound of the XPA-2 Gen3 amp or the Emotiva BasX A-300 stereo amp (both of which I owned and was highly familiar with at the time of this review).

Have I ever heard a better-sounding power amplifier than the Emotiva PA-1s? Maybe – I once owned a McIntosh MC352 that I thought was absolutely superb, but not having it here for a side-by-side comparison, I can’t honestly say which would be best.

A review finally on these. They look to be an affordable entry into the Class D arena. Balanced Monoblocks to boot.
I wonder how it would compare against the crown class d series like the xls-2002 or the QSC GX/D series or the TPA-3255/3251?

I wonder how it would compare against the crown class d series like the xls-2002 or the QSC GX/D series or the TPA-3255/3251?
They use the same Ice modules PSAudio uses in some of their amps, which are far more expensive. I think Peachtree also uses them. IcePower and Hypex N500 seem to be in the better class D amps around. So far, since these were introduced this Summer this is the first review I've seen.

Basically the same as DIYers have been doing for years.
Use the Class D module of your choice and box it up. A no frills power amp solution.
Much of Ghent Audio's business is providing pre-made boxes, connectors, etc, for Hypex and Icepower units.
https://www.ghentaudio.com/kit/index.html

Looks like that's the Icepower 300AS1 module in the Emotiva....and nothing else.
For that price, I wouldn't think the profit margin is very large.
Probably spend something close to that doing it yourself.

Last edited:
And at 8.5"W, two of them side-by-side are 'standard' size, and under 2" tall. Love it.

Mike at Mivera just sold a bunch of his IceEdge amps using the Ghent case at a lower price then the cases he had manufactured prior.

Back
Top Bottom