Empire 2000 e/III stylus

I also bought the Vivid Line one and much better than the generic $40 one I had on it before . I use that cart a lot actually , I swap out to others but seem to come back to the Empire after a bit . Also the fact that you can buy a new stylus for it helps as my other carts have more expensive stylus so sort of saving the hours on them .

resurrection of this thread to find out ...

@Rentz and @ARJohn,

how does the VL sound on the Empire? What does it compare to?

thanks, Bob

I don't have much to compare it to but after its broken in i can say it's an improvement over the generic replacement stylus. It really came alive for me when i replaced my headshell with a lightweight one.
i have the VL stylus tracking at about 1.35g without any issue, uses the same tracking as the generic and oem's

I don't have much to compare it to but after its broken in i can say it's an improvement over the generic replacement stylus. It really came alive for me when i replaced my headshell with a lightweight one.
i have the VL stylus tracking at about 1.35g without any issue, uses the same tracking as the generic and oem's

Not finding any good news news on the low cost generics. Is the generic you speak of the LPGear generic or the VOM generic or the EVG generic? I have a VL on an M97XE and I like it for a change of pace. I would not invest in anything less quality than that so I am wondering what a VL on a Empire would sound like and if it is worth the investment.

Interesting that is got a lot better with the lighter headshell. I was told the VL diamonds are all the same so I was wondering how they handle the cantilever and if they try to keep the compliance in line with the OEM. Sounds like they do to some extent.

thanks, Bob

Not finding any good news news on the low cost generics. Is the generic you speak of the LPGear generic or the VOM generic or the EVG generic? I have a VL on an M97XE and I like it for a change of pace. I would not invest in anything less quality than that so I am wondering what a VL on a Empire would sound like and if it is worth the investment.

Interesting that is got a lot better with the lighter headshell. I was told the VL diamonds are all the same so I was wondering how they handle the cantilever and if they try to keep the compliance in line with the OEM. Sounds like they do to some extent.

thanks, Bob

i had the VOM generic and it was great especially for under 20bucks.
the headshell was due to how heavy the technics headshell i used was on my modded AR, cut the weight by a few grams getting a lighter one

thanks, Bob
I had a OEM red stylus and a turntable needles generic , the VL had much better detail ,like a veil was lifted off the music . I didn't have it too long as my buddy needed a cart so I gifted him the Empire , which I found sounded better than the Clearaudio wood body cart that was on his project RPM4 . It was tricky to get it set up right on my old Sansui , small changes make a difference . On the Project it was very easy , had it singing nicely in under an hour from start on install . I don't think you can find a generic that is better for the 2000 empires but it is double the price of most of them .

Back
Top Bottom