Empire turntable ID

boatninja

Trying to identify model, etc on Empire TT made in 1962. Can anyone help? Brushed copper colored finish, I don't have the ability to post pic's but ti is in really good condition. I inherited it and it looks special.

Trying to identify model, etc on Empire TT made in 1962. Can anyone help? Brushed copper colored finish, I don't have the ability to post pic's but ti is in really good condition. I inherited it and it looks special.

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Probably Empire 208. :dunno:

That's for the welcome.There is a tag that reads 29098 on the bottom, there are some inscriptions on the TT that are hard to read, but date is clear, it is in pretty pristine condition, I inherited a house with a couple of interesting things.

To amplify on Balifly's reply, and I am by no measure an expert on this topic, being a 1962 model-

Model 108- turntable, no base, no arm
Model 208- turntable, with base, no arm
model 298- turntable, with base, with arm

I believe that is the correct hierarchy. There will be those here to correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck with your new find.

Pics would be incredibly helpful otherwise this is a crap shoot. I know... you said, can't post but...

You found a very nice table, which could be restored and be the last turntable you ever want or need. Combine that with the sherwood you just found (restored of course) you will have a rather nice vintage hifi

Hey there everyone!

I'm going to hi-jack this thread, as my question is very similar. Recently found a guy via Criagslist who claimed to have some vintage Dual Turntables on the shelves in his garage. I drove out and found a 1234 model, with no dust cover -- which wasn't very impressive.

As I turned to leave I spotted this guy on a bottom shelf, and asked about it. He said he didn't remember buying it and didn't know anything about it. I told him, from my limited knowledge they were pretty work-horse TTs, and somewhat sought after. He said, "Two Hundred bucks."

So I snatched it. It spins and sounds great -- and I'm pretty sure that is the beefier tone arm -- and from the look of the font on the faceplate -- I think this is either a 298 or 398 model. So can anyone clarify? Was it worth it?

Empire 2.jpg Empire 1.jpg Empire 3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom