Enjoying new Bluesound/Roon/Tidal Combo

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by gguillot, Dec 26, 2017.

1. gguillot

gguillot AK Subscriber Subscriber

Decided to pick up the Bluesound Node2 to listen to Tidal's MQA offerings as compared to standard redbook. While I was at it, I loaded Roon on a dedicated Mac Mini serving as the Core, with the Node2 and a few Sonos Connects as output devices and music files via a NAS (and Tidal.)

The most satisfying combination for MQA files (and everything else) is the Node2 playing via coaxial out to my Philips DAC960. I'm getting 48khz/24bit/MQA 192Khz playback on this combination and it sounds terrific.

Fortunately, I found the Roon 2 month trial via the Hans Beekhuyzen Project's review of Roon (which is very thorough.) Three weeks into using this software, I can say it is probably one of the best additions to my system. It has really brought my personal music collection to life as well as integrated the Tidal library.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

rickelrod likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. rickelrod

rickelrod AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought a Node2 and pulse 2 today. Currently giving the pulse some time. Sounds good for what it is. Have not installed the Node yet. I too am streaming Tidal but frankly, I am technically challenged. It will take some time to figure it out

3. gguillot

gguillot AK Subscriber Subscriber

JBL Pulse 2? Yeah, I bought that to stream via my cell phone and bluetooth. Totally different application than the Node2.

Looking at your equipment list, I would say you are *NOT* technically challenged! What are you connecting the Node2 with? Looks like you have several choices....