Enter Poland!

Welcome to AK, Wassock. Just remember that around here "AK" does not stand for an assault rifle. ;)

Welcome to AK Wassock. I also live in Warsaw, Poland! Now I can also boast that I've got a local AK mate ;).

Ah, but you're writing it just fine. Studying at UM?
Yup. I'm in the minority though, most of the people I talk to are taking Chinese or Arabic. I considered Chinese but decided I'd rather not spend an entire semester just getting to know the alphabet.

Yup. I'm in the minority though, most of the people I talk to are taking Chinese or Arabic. I considered Chinese but decided I'd rather not spend an entire semester just getting to know the alphabet.

What alphabet!? That's the hardest part of Chinese, man, the characters aren't "letters", they're ...stuff, like, words, etc. It's like trying to memorize every painting ever painted & associating with each a unique concept. I'll take Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, etc..., thank you. An excellent Slavic department at Michigan, too. Hey, the need for Russian "analysts" will make a comeback, you can count on that. ;) [sorry to hijack the "welcome" thread, Wassock]

Back
Top Bottom