Equipment List

What a freakin' bummer:(

I can't make it to GrumpFest. I was so excited to see all you guys..sit back...listen to some tunes...drink some beers...bring my system.

Everything was cleared to go...the only problem was that I had to work...but I ended up getting a guy to cover for me that day. Today, I just remembered (and confirmed) that I have my promotional exam the same day (lieutenants test). I actually thought about just saying...awww heck with it. But I really can't. They only have the test every two years...and depending on how you score...dictates if you get the promotion to Officer or not.

dang it!:thumbsdn:

This S@cks

I was looking forward to just shooting the shit and drinking some beers witn you. But I understand. MikE

Awwwwww...Maaaaannnnnn....GF.....that sucks...I was hopin' you could make it....................but....I understand!!!!..............(.in my best Chris Rock voice)

GF

Ya know you will be missed. We understand. Two more years is a long wait. Depending on how this one goes who knows there may be another Ak fest in the future :)

On the brighter side I am sure we will see you at the next MAF.

;)

Kamakiri;
SX1010 to blow things up?? We can have a fundraiser at the event for AKFest; you bring the amp, I'll bring the speakers, and guys can bet on which one pukes first. House collects 10% of the wager. You get to pick the tunes! Har!

(p.s. all dirty tricks allowed, dropped tonearms, bass control set to max, hip hop, up to and maybe including straight DC!! HA!)

to GoneFishing

I know what a bummer it is to take care of business when there are other things you want to do. Promotions and $$$ in your pocket means you can buy more toys!!!!

Look at the bright side of things!!! Maybe this summer, Columbus, Ohio can make something happen........

Regards, Ron

thanks guys...I just kept thinking that date sounded familiar for some reason. Maybe I'll have a cold one for you guys when I get home, after the test.

ok...Maybe I'll have two cold ones when i get home...one tipped to you guys...and one for me ;)

Have a great time...and I love the blow the woofer event!

Just come on over after the test...what the hay!!!it's only a three hour drive.... bout the same time it takes to drive through dwontown chi-town on a friday night...no biggie!!!LOL:D :zoom:

Hey, has anyone tried to talk omer into attending AK-Fest 2004? Oz Enterprises has some great lines, and I'd love to hear omer's new speakers!

I invited him a while back. He's kind of busy with his 5 year old and the new baby. Plus there's a show in Montreal in April. He is talking about hosting a meet next year, not AK specific but audio none the less.

So there are dedicated rooms where everyone will setup gear, or attendees will setup their gear in their own room?

I may be able to drive there and was thinking if people will have enought time and interest to listen to my Berning and L-96's...otherwise I leave it home...

ALSO!!! you tube guys!! can anyone have some 12AX7's that I can try in my tubed pre to see whats the hubbub about? just 2 of them..

White

All the rooms cept one will be listening rooms. I don't know if there will be room for everyones gear that did not notify me a head of time. This weekend I will sit down and try to lay out where everyone will be.

Ideally there will be two systems in each room ( except Brian B's room which I am sure Will have even more ) There is just not enough room for one room one system.

If someone would like to bring something like an amp I am sure it can be squeezed into someones system. I may be able to bring a few Teles for you to roll in that amp if you bring it.

Hope you can make it.

Grumpy

Originally posted by grumpy
Ideally there will be two systems in each room ( except Brian B's room which I am sure Will have even more ) There is just not enough room for one room one system.

I myself am planning on bringing exactly two systems - a big Yamamoto Sound Craft + Cain & Cain rig, and a smaller Almarro rig. However, Wardsweb will be adding some very nice gear to these setups. And if anyone is looking for a homeroom for their own audio components, please drop me a line - if your gear would fit in with what we'll be showing off, then I'm game!

SET Room

Who is being situated in the SET room, and what equipment will be available?

Mike

Honestly I am not really positive. I do know that Wards, BrianB You and Bauhausler will have amps there. As far as I Know thats it but there is room for more if anyone would like to bring one.

Grumpy

So mine is the designated "SET Room", eh? Does this mean that solid-state amps are officially banned from the Board Room? ;)

Seriously, though, here's what I will definitely be bringing in terms of electronics:

1) Yamamoto Sound Craft A-08 amplifier
2) Yamamoto Sound Craft CA-03L preamplifier
3) Cain & Cain Abby loudspeakers
4) Cain & Cain subwoofer
5) Almarro A205A integrated amplifier
6) Almarro M33X loudspeakers

Because this is a one-day show with only two hours of set-up time provided, I probably won't be bringing any vinyl rigs, and I am still not certain about which digital sources I'll be using.

Perhaps Wardsweb, MikE, and Bauhausler could list the components that they are planning on bringing as well?

Back
Top Bottom