Eric clapton - August

Dude111

Analogue is Awesome
Gotta be his BEST album!

I just got a concert of his on VHS "Eric clapton and friends" (1986) and 4 songs from this album he does @ this concert. THEY ARE ALL EXCELLENT!! (I havent heard any of these before this concert today)

Run
Miss You
Tearing us apart
Holy Mother

Anyone else like this album? (I havent heard it but from these 4 songs it sounds like it kicks)

Last edited:
I agree it's in his top 5 imo. The sound quality on vinyl ia fantastic,very warm sounding.

I found it very 'meh' when I came across this LP recently. Great production, etc but the music just didn't grip me like some of his other stuff I'm afraid - my copy ended up my 'for sale' spreadsheet. Still I totally understand ymmv.

qdrone said:
I agree it's in his top 5 imo. The sound quality on vinyl ia fantastic,very warm sounding.

Sounds like they left the record analogue also.... The concert I just got is goregous (ANALOG) but I didnt know if the record was also left analog....

EDIT:

Record NOT left analog :(

Last edited:
If it's the video I'm thinking of, with P Collins, the Tearing Us Apart just rips. I remember taping this back when it aired on cable. As I recall his anthology Crossroads came out around the same time.

Yes the concert is amazing!!!!!! (Thier are several "Eric clapton and friends" on VHS but this 1986 one in my opinion is the best!!

Back
Top Bottom