1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Estate/garage sale driven system

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by therocket290, Jul 26, 2016.

1. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

Very Nice!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Love your Maggie 8802!! I've heard there are several in the Maggie lineup that are awesome. I'm on the lookout locally for one.

3. therocket290

therocket290 New Member

I picked up a single Klipsch Heresy speaker a while back at an estate sale for $5. I wanted to find a mate for it, but was surprised by how much people will pay for a single Heresy. I ended up trading it for a Carver CT-24 tuner/preamp. It's not the most loved preamp, but it sounds pretty good and I've been having fun fiddling with the Sonic Hologram setting. For now, I prefer listening to my Kappas without the SH.

I also met a cool guy (who I traded with) that lives a few blocks from me and has lots of neat gear. I'm planning to bring a six pack over to his house and ask to hear his Mcintosh 240 and Klipschorns.

Nightwisher and Ds2000 like this.
  4. therocket290

therocket290 New Member

I love the sound of the Maggie. I'm planning to make a wooden base and set it up in my office in the Fall.

5. Drumolator

Drumolator Super Member

Nice collection! Peace and goodwill.

6. therocket290

therocket290 New Member

Here's my first score from the Goodwill auction site:

A Sony PS-X60
    20171230_185600.jpg
    It is in excellent condition. I just needed to clean some variable resistors inside and now it is running really well. I can't believe how much nice stuff is on there.

Nightwisher and Ds2000 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. jeep jones

jeep jones Active Member

Agreed...and for some reason your area seems to be in a hot zone for the GW online auction booty. Has been for a while. Either way, good score!

8. Guest126

Guest126 Well-Known Member

I still have my dad's Sansui 9090DB. It is one of the greatest hifi pieces I've ever experienced. It could use some repair, however. The left channel fades in and out. This has been a classic little hiccup with this receiver. We once had the receiver refurbished (many years ago) for the problem, and its been strong ever since, until now.

therocket290 likes this.
  9. Old Guy8

Old Guy8 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Have you tried cleaning switches and pots with plastics friendly contact cleaner lately? Deoxit.

10. Guest126

Guest126 Well-Known Member

I may do that, but I've never opened the unit myself. If I do not service the unit I may try that.