Eugene record show haul

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
Well, I actually showed up on time. It was truly one of those "Hallelujah" moments as I walked in the room. Lots to choose from. Spent less then I had, but more than I should have. As for prices, they were all over the board, as was quality. The hardest part was spending more than a buck on an album, I'm such a cheap bastard. I eventually realized i just had to spend a bit to get what I wanted. I pretty much found everything on my list and then some.

Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits
Janis Joplin-I Got Them 'ol Kozmic Blues Again Mama! sealed
Janis Joplin-Pearl
Albert Collins,Robert Cray,Johnny Copeland-Showdown
Traffic-John Barleycorn Must Die
Ozzy Osbourne-Randy Rhoads Tribute
B.B. King-Guess Who
Clarence Gatemouth Brown-Alright Again, on Rounder Records
ABC in Alphabet City
Thelonius Monk in Person
The Best of Procol Harem
Roger Waters-Radio K.A.O.S.
Otis Rush-Lost in the Blues
Pink Floyd-Momentary Lapse of Reason, looked a long time for this one, the
most expensive one at 10 bucks, but so clean I can eat off
it.
Then the one I really wanted for sentimental reasons:
Simple Minds-Sparkle in the Rain NP

Besides the Pink Floyd one, most were just a few bucks to a bit more but most also came in outer sleeves, so that is worth a buck or so to me anyway. Most are in great shape to mint, and Otis Rush looks as though it has never seen a needle. The money was well worth the fun I had poking around. My fingers went numb after the first hour or so. I could have spent the rent if I had brought it with me. :yes:

I was talking to a few of the sellers and the difference between this show and most is that most folks at the Eugene show are looking for "their" music, rather than a bunch of "collector/resellers" poking around. Great mix of folks. If you missed this year, put it on your calender for next, you will definitely fill in those empty slots in your collection.

That's a really nice selection of good music! Although you don't mention price, it sounds like they were fairly reasonable. Not in the $0.50-$0.75 each range from the thrifts, but no deal breakers either. Good for you! :thmbsp:

I've never been to a record show, but it sounds like I need to start thinking in that direction. What is the best source of information on upcoming record shows? This is a new area for me. :scratch2:

Good haul, I hear you about numb fingers - with a room that big I can only imagine. Did you find Klownschool's table?

Thunderoad - Here's a website with listings of Record Shows around the country: http://www.vinyltimes.com/record-shows.htm

It's definitely worth the time to check out a show, they're so much fun they should be illegal. :thmbsp:

Musta' been a Janis weekend. Good haul!

I saw your earlier post. I passed up on a few of the BB and HC first runs. They were going for around 30 bucks, and the few I found cheaper were too dinged up for anything other than place holders and they were like 5-7 bucks even at that.

I didn't find Ricks table. I looked though. However, not having a clue as to what he looks like was a bit of a hurdle. :scratch2:

My haul from the convention:

Rush "All the World's a Stage"
Styx "Kilroy Was Here"
Van Halen "Diver Down"
Supertramp "Breakfast in America"
Tom Petty & The Heartbrakers "self titled"
Stray Cats "Built For Spead"
Psychedelic Furs "Midnight to Midnight"

With the three dollars I paid to get in the entire lot was less than $20 and all near mint. You Oregon guys should try harder to get down here next year because it was absolutely awesome!

That Collins' Cray and Copeland is one of my favorites.If people aren't familiar with it do yourself a favor and get it.Nice find!

That Collins' Cray and Copeland is one of my favorites.If people aren't familiar with it do yourself a favor and get it.Nice find!

That's what I was thinking, though I've never heard it myself :thmbsp:

Looks like you guys had some nice hauls this weekend, congrats :yes:

OH SHUT UP.

Sat at home all day waiting for a new grand daughter. It's 10:38PM I'l still sitting here waiting for a new Grand daughter!!!

OH well I only had a few bucks to spend since the ebay auctions I ran to gain fun money were ended by some (0) feedback MORON from Korea who used the BUY IT NOW and then never responded.

sorry do I sound bitter LOL

WELL Canby and the night time show are still to come this spring.

Did you guys happen to grab any other upcoming show flyers???? If so give up...

When is the Canby show? Nighttime show?

I didn't see any other fliers, there was so much stuff that I was a bit overwhelmed. Sorry you missed it, but don't worry, I am sure there is some other happy guy listening to what would have been your albums at this very moment. :D

I didn't find Ricks table. I looked though. However, not having a clue as to what he looks like was a bit of a hurdle. :scratch2:

I just got home and saw this thread...

lol, I was the guy in the grey sweatshirt. But seriously, I had the sign on two boxes that said ask for prices as I didn't have time the night before. I was on 3 hours sleep and almost missed the show. It was sooooooo busy at my table I didn't have a chance to shop. The people at this show were by far the coolest at any show I have ever been to. Really diverse and just plain cool. I had a great time talking music with a bunch of them. Maybe you mr hanger?

rock on!

When is the Canby show? Nighttime show?

I didn't see any other fliers, there was so much stuff that I was a bit overwhelmed. Sorry you missed it, but don't worry, I am sure there is some other happy guy listening to what would have been your albums at this very moment. :D

Your a cruel cruel man. But I'll rise above.

Grants Pass at Josephine county fair grounds 9-4 Mar 29th Sat. $2.00

Night Owl Show Eagles Aerie 4904 Hawthrone Portland 5-9pm (you can get in early at 3pm if you pay $15.00 I always do) April 12 Sat. $2.00
They have a BAR and resturant open during the show

Canby Clackamas Co Fair Grds 10-4 Sun. April 20th $3.00 this show leans heavy towards 45's

Vinylhanger if I see you at Canby and you don't stop by my place in Silverton on the way home for a beer and a little show and tell I'll haunt you. In fact if you wanted to come to my place I would drive up to the show save you an hour of driving and enough gas money to buy a couple more LP's

I'll post something on each of these shows about 2 weeks before they come up. The Canby show is right off Hwy 99E south out of Oregon city so easy for you guys up North.

Most likely I talked to you a bit, I tried to hit every table. It was a great show, lots of different folks all having a good time. It was good to see the younger crowd buying Miles Davis and Albert Collins and such. I could have dropped much more dough, but I only brought what my wife would let me... plus a bit.

Next year I'll do a bit more research on some of the stuff I would like to find. It can get a bit overwhelming with just the sheer amount of stuff. Glad you got home safe and had a good time.

Your a cruel cruel man. But I'll rise above.

Grants Pass at Josephine county fair grounds 9-4 Mar 29th Sat. $2.00

Night Owl Show Eagles Aerie 4904 Hawthrone Portland 5-9pm (you can get in early at 3pm if you pay $15.00 I always do) April 12 Sat. $2.00
They have a BAR and resturant open during the show

Canby Clackamas Co Fair Grds 10-4 Sun. April 20th $3.00 this show leans heavy towards 45's

Vinylhanger if I see you at Canby and you don't stop by my place in Silverton on the way home for a beer and a little show and tell I'll haunt you. In fact if you wanted to come to my place I would drive up to the show save you an hour of driving and enough gas money to buy a couple more LP's

I'll post something on each of these shows about 2 weeks before they come up. The Canby show is right off Hwy 99E south out of Oregon city so easy for you guys up North.

I was just looking at the list of shows posted above. My wife is already shaking her head. :no::D I'm planning already.

Back
Top Bottom