Fargo

Last night's episode was the best yet. Mr. Wrench made more than just a cameo. With the time-shift, will he and Nikki have parted ways or has he found a new partner? The hunt/chase story in the woods was brilliant.

The part in the bowling alley reminded me of a mash-up between Twin Peaks and The Big Lebowski, with a strong nod to Fargo the movie.
The Bowling alley had shades of The Twilight Zone too.

Last night's episode was the best yet. Mr. Wrench made more than just a cameo. With the time-shift, will he and Nikki have parted ways or has he found a new partner? The hunt/chase story in the woods was brilliant.

The part in the bowling alley reminded me of a mash-up between Twin Peaks and The Big Lebowski, with a strong nod to Fargo the movie.

I'd forgotten about Mr Wrench in Season 1. I'll re-watch it this morning.

I had a Twin Peaks moment in the bowling alley as well, perhaps because of Ray Wise's role as Leland in that series or perhaps because he seems to be in the right place at the most opportune times.. His character seems to be the fly in the ointment of Varga Incorporated.

I liked the blood-covered snow hunt/chase scene, but this season is honestly turning into homework for my wife and me.

Saw the finale over the weekend - meh ... (no spoilers)
Overall, it was much more of a shaggy dog story than the previous 2 seasons ...
And for us, I'm not sure the payoff was worth the struggles -
I'll have to think about watching it if a season 4 comes long -

For me, Noah Hawley's must-See show turned out to be Legion - OMG!!

so who's the next Brit to save this series? They've gone through Martin Freeman, Ewan McGregor, and David Thewlis.

I quite enjoyed the finale and thought it wrapped things up neatly. Plenty of characters we may or may not ever see again. If there is a season 4, will it be tied to the first 3 seasons or will it be a standalone? Where in time will it end up? This season was, to me, as good as the other 2, it just took a bit longer to get into.

We got a "No Country for Old Men" ending, I would have preferred a "Scooby Doo" ending, Burgle rips the mask of Vargas and we find out it was Raymond all along, trying to scare off Emmit and reclaim his inheritance.

I was sad to see Nikki go, but I was happy to see Mr. Wrench finish the job that she couldn't. That guy is bad-ass.

I liked it overall, not as much as the first two but still more than 98% of everything else. Better Call Saul is my current "Gold Standard".

Back
Top Bottom