Father's Day means I can cook any ol big hunk of meat I want- what's yours?

Lux Man

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For me it's going to be two 9lb. pork butts. I'll start the smokin about 3-4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon (Friday) and finish about 2 on Sat. afternoon and eat at 5:00. BTW, my wife gave me 5 great kids- I'll smoke a big ol hunk of meat for them anytime, but this one is my fav. (We're doing father's day here Sat. and on Sunday at my dads')

Will there be any smoke rising from your backyard?

I love oysters- tough to get good ones here in the midwest. I know of only one good source in Minnesota. What kind are you getting? I've actually never just steamed shrimp. I either boil, saute in butter, or grill. Is it better than boiling. BTW last weekend I made shrimp bisque. It was delicious fresh but the left-overs 2 days later were amazing.

BTW- The last really great oyster feast my wife and I had was down in Key West, 2 years ago. It was happy hour ..50 ea. and they were delicious. Oysters and snorkeling- 2 of the best reasons to go to the Keys.

I did some baby backs and pork butt not too long ago, so no smoke this weekend.

But I will be grilling; Korean ribs. Any smoke will be from flame ups, and I'm going to try not to have that!:p

Terrible month for oysters, you're just asking for it!

Yeah I know my favorite Chesapeake Bay oysters are out if season but Florida oysters are still available. Heading now to my favorite beach bar to slurp a few. And BTW...may be old wives tale but drinking vodka shots with oysters supposed to kill impurities. All the reason I need for some Stolichnaya straight up

Reminds me of a Dave Allen at Large joke:
Priest at a sermon shows two glasses. This is a glass of water and a common worm he says dropping the worm in.
Doing the same he says, this is a glass of whiskey. See the worm in the water is still alive, now what's that tell you?
Drunk in the back stands up: If you drink whiskey you don't get worms!

...and honestly, with all the crap I'm goin' through I forgot it's Father's Day weekend

Baby Back ribs, slow in the oven for half the day, finished on the Weber with smoke.

I'm thinking 2" thick NY strips, grilled corn-on-the-cob if I can find any good fresh ears, maybe some seared Ahi tuna for an appetizer.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

For me, it was not touching the grill or going into the kitchen all day. Ate out and also didn't have to open my wallet either. Kids paid for it. I took advantage and ordered a $50 steak and a nice glass of Pinot. :)

Back
Top Bottom