fave klipsch heritage line speaks

Hey, I learned something. That's always a good thing. Wonder if my Jolida can be so modified? Probably with enough work anything can be done.

I have a couple guitar amps with triode-pentode switches. Don't know if it's the same technology or not. Definitely lower output and less power-tube drive. But, we like power-tube distortion in guitar amps, very different from an audio reproduction application.

I'm licensed CCW permit holder in Ohio. If it's cold enough, a 1911. Otherwise a S&W Shield. An LCP in an ankle holster, and of course a knife, flashlight, and...I'm not paranoid or anything.

Moved up to Ohio from Miami, FLA, eh? :rant: :beatnik:

Cornwall III with Heresy II on top. I run the Heresy's with a passive Klipsch sub, which I also purchased from the seller of the Heresy pair. They go well together, and are a nice change-of-pace from the Cornwall.
I only wish I knew the model number of that Klipsch passive sub! No sign of one inside or outside the box.

Last edited:
My room mate in college and I shared a pair of Cornwalls with Mcintosh electronics for over a year. Later on my master bed room had a pair of Hersey s for over 20 years in corners up against the ceiling. I installed Belles and Cornerhorns, delivered my share of La Scalas, Chorus, and others, while in the sound profession. The only way I liked Klipschhorns was if they were voiced with room equalizers. They were very good that way, but only a few customers did so. Belles even with their limited bass were appealing to me, But at the top of the heap was the Cornwall. It was the best of them all. Its only issue was its very very narrow sweet spot. So you had to be at least 12 ft or further from the speaker and they had to be oriented toward the listener. Voicing the speaker really made them shine. If you ever get a chance, try Room Perfect by Lyngdorph, it really reveals the hidden capabilities of a Cornwall. Oh the amp with highest signal to noise, is the best. I hated listening late at night when you could hear noise from old tube amps seeping into the music.

Chorus II with Crites crossovers and tweeter diaphragms. Forte with Crites crossovers, diaphragms for mid and tweeter, stock Heresy II. Sold my Cornwall II to a member here on AK. They were not getting enough airtime.

The Klipsch Paramount System: K-horns Front, Belle Center and LaScalas Rear. Not sure if it is the Heresy for Rears in the Paramount System 40 years now

LaScala (1974), Heresy (1980), Heresy Industrial Ported (HIP - 1981).

As a young 20 something, I was enamored with the K-Horn and LaScala. However, as an adult, I was finally able to buy a pair of very used LaScala's for $800. All the drivers were original, but the caps had been changed. I was so excited to listen to them as I remember how they sounded as a young audio neophyte. I was unbelievably underwhelmed and thought my Heresy's sounded better.

Now highly modified, they are the speakers I have always wanted. I hesitate to call them LaScala's anymore because they are not, they are better than the LaScala of that era. Of course this opinion is highly biased.

I like the Forte l . Find a pair used, and (if it has not already been done) do the available crossover and diaphragm upgrades (Crites or ALK).

For me the issue with the Cornwalls, and everything in the line above them, is that they are HUGE. You need an above average space to place these. And on the reverse of this, I think the Heresy is too small.

If you have the room (and money) get the Khorns :cool:

I’m running 3 sets of speaker, individually, not simultaneously. Vintage L-100, Vintage Apogee Stage ribbons and Heresy IVs.
The L-100s sounded very pleasing but, no real soundstage (it’s also very possible that I just didn’t spend enough time setting them up).
The Heresy IVs sounded much better but, after a while we’re just lacking.
The first time I played the Apogee Stage, the room lit up, amazing full soundstage, lacking on low end but, my sub filled that gap..

After a while though, I would find there were cuts where the Apogees were just a little bland on and I would swap back to the Heresy IVs and they would sound better.

I haven’t quite nailed down the reasoning behind this yet but, I plan on doing some testing. The efficiency difference between the Apoge Stages and Heresy IVs is night and day though, that could be one of the factors in favor of the Heresy’s on cuts requiring some power vs nice light jazz ( speculation at this point).

Back
Top Bottom