Favorite Bourbon

Was able to pick up another bottle of Elmer T Lee. I highly recommend this bourbon if you can find it.
Been looking for a good long while but that's a really tough one to track down 'round these parts.

Someday,,,maybe if I get REALLY lucky,,,LOL,,,ahhhh he!! who'm I kidding,,,SIGH...

Bret P.

I opened my bottle of Weller Special Reserve, good, but not in the same league as "Antique" or 12 year old Weller. Those have disappeared in my neck of the woods.

I opened my bottle of Weller Special Reserve, good, but not in the same league as "Antique" or 12 year old Weller. Those have disappeared in my neck of the woods.

Was able to pick up another bottle of Elmer T Lee. I highly recommend this bourbon if you can find it.

I remember just two years ago they were falling off the shelves at my local shop. I can not believe they're so hard to find now. $250/bottle for 12 year Weller?! "get 'em while you can" surely is true.

Right after the Weller series and the Elmer T Lee came out, I read AK thread discussing those and most of you guys recommending stocking 'em up. I followed the advice and bought a 3-4 of each kind thinking that was enough. All gone now.

The prices have gotten so ridiculous I have given some thought to selling my high end bourbons. I could sell 4 bottles and fund my bourbon drinking for nearly a decade.

The prices have gotten so ridiculous I have given some thought to selling my high end bourbons. I could sell 4 bottles and fund my bourbon drinking for nearly a decade.

Don't do it. Life's to short to drink crappy bourbon....

If your talking really high end stuff like Pappy or Stagg then I say sell them. I can't see how anything that's supposed to be consumed is worth what people are supposedly paying for some of these.

And it's not like you are relegated to drinking Old a Crow if you sell. You can still drink some pretty good stuff.

I have a 20yr Pappy, a Lot B, a Stagg & a William Larue Weller. I haven't closely checked their values but I have a feeling I could sell them & buy a couple of cases of $40-$50 bourbons that would more than make me happy.

Well, I was going to post a new-to-me Bourbon I find satisfying but the picture is in my new-to-me Samsung S7. I don't seem to be able to access the pictures on the SD card from my computer.

HELP ! ! ! I am a smart phone moron.

Just found a bottle of Weller 12 at (cough, cough) $149, I passed. Just last year I bought some at $49.

I have a 20yr Pappy, a Lot B, a Stagg & a William Larue Weller. I haven't closely checked their values but I have a feeling I could sell them & buy a couple of cases of $40-$50 bourbons that would more than make me happy.

Yes I would say so. I see people asking $2200 just for the 20 year Pappy.

Just found a bottle of Weller 12 at (cough, cough) $149, I passed. Just last year I bought some at $49.
Word is getting out. It's as good as some of the Pappy releases. Same recipe and used to be easier to get. I'm having a hard time finding it anymore. It's also common for scam artists to use this to refill Pappy empties with a little fresh wax. Scumbags.

Yes I would say so. I see people asking $2200 just for the 20 year Pappy.
I was at a steak house in Denver where they charge $500/glass for the 20 yr Pappy. A lot of Broncos players regular order it they said. I told them I had an unopened bottle of 23yo and they offered me $4000. I told them to get bent. I don't understand these prices, but I'm thinking it will only get worse now that they aren't making as much.
IMG_4873.JPG

I was at a steak house in Denver where they charge $500/glass for the 20 yr Pappy. A lot of Broncos players regular order it they said. I told them I had an unopened bottle of 23yo and they offered me $4000. I told them to get bent. I don't understand these prices, but I'm thinking it will only get worse now that they aren't making as much.
View attachment 858122

They are making even less now? Why?

Word is getting out. It's as good as some of the Pappy releases. Same recipe and used to be easier to get. I'm having a hard time finding it anymore. It's also common for scam artists to use this to refill Pappy empties with a little fresh wax. Scumbags.

Maybe Stolichnaya will come back into vogue (grin) and us brown spirit aficionados can get a decent bourbon without having to take out a second mortgage. I was talking to the Weller rep last year at my local bottle store, HiTimes in Costa Mesa, and he was telling me that a dozen years ago they couldn't move brown spirits for love or money. PVW just sat on the shelves gathering dust. Now the well heeled Newport Beach set have been hoarding the stuff these days according to one of the worker bees at HiTimes. Grumble, grumble.

View attachment 858122
um...what was your address? :)

I was lucky enough to taste a few shots of PVW 20 and 15, and they were unmistakably good. The Weller series (12, antique, and etc.), which were my main bottles last few years, were nothing like the PVW 20 or 15. Maybe similar to PVW 12 or 10? IDK...

My interest in collecting these sought after bottles have peaked. I spoke with a few liquor store owners, and I'll tell ya, they know exactly what I was after and why I tried to talk to them....lol. It ain't an easy game.... Just hoping to be alert enough to snag what's coming up. Looks like most well known distilleries release new stuff in september.

Back
Top Bottom