Favorite Bourbon

Blanton's hands down. Sometimes hard to find, but I always make sure to have a bottle to share with friends.

The one with the horse, of course!

Saw some Blantons at the store yesterday. Might have to go get some!

I have been enjoying this 110 proof bottle that my local store had a selected barrel bottled for.
9923632136222.png

But really enjoying this local small batch of Rye that smells and tasted like caramel-buttered popcorn
Red-Barn-Rye.jpg

Elijah Craig. What was the 12 year is now NOS and said to be a blend of 8 and 12 y.o. I still have several bottles of the 12 and find the NOS quite comparable. The 26 and cask strength are great swill but I like the regular stuff for everyday just fine.

Four Roses small batch for casual drinking.

My bourbon days are over but if I have one choice I'll take a shot of
Dickel No 12.

I drank it long before it became more known and the price was a lot less.

It can run with any of the great ones IMO.

IMG_5745.JPG

Since last year, I've been hoarding Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. I've gathered about half dozen bottles from different locations. It's becoming harder to find at decent price. Last week, I picked up two bottles at $75 each after taxes. Receiving all the awards this year, I think it'll be even harder to find from now on.

Look what Santa brought to me. It is 120 proof and makes me say, "HOOOOOooooo" with every sip. But it is Great tasting.

YQA1NzT.jpg
qF5eu

Last edited:
Look what Santa brought to me. It is 120 proof and makes me say, "HOOOOOooooo" with every sip. But it is Great tasting.
qF5eu

Great hooch. Another I like equally well is Russell's Reserve Single Barrel (not the Small Batch 10 year), though the Knob Creek is less expensive around here. Both are excellent. Another good one is Rowan's Creek from Willett.

I can't drink anymore but I keep seeing what I think is new in commercials....."Tin Cup" Now if that doesn't sound rich I don't know
what does.
I keep seeing Fagen in my avatar and it seems to me that every pic of him never changes. Always the same deadpan expression.
<<<<<.

Buffalo Trace and Blanton's shortage.....who's feeling it?
Have a bottle of each on the shelf @ the moment,so no I'm not feeling any shortage just yet.

That said,,,I look for both anytime I'm in a liquor store,,,and were I seeing them I'd definitely have more on the shelf.
So I'd hafta agree it seems to be getting harder to find lately.

Same with ANY varieties of Weller,,,but I still have some of that around here too...

These days I mostly drink Gentleman Jack as my regular "go-to" hooch just because I know there should'nt be any shortages of that.
That and I like it in whiskey sours,which is my prefered mixed drink,and I dont feel any shame using that stuff for mixers either.

FWIW

Bret P.

Buffalo Trace can be found here, although not guaranteed. You may have to search a bit, or keep trying for a while. Blantons is very hard to come by, and Weller products are practically impossible to find. I’ve heard stories of people offering $100 and up for Weller 107.

Back
Top Bottom