Favorite Graphic Equalizer with Spectrum Analyzer?

cosmicrich

Do folks have a favorite Graphic Equalizer with Spectrum Analyzer? I'd like to see them. Post your pictures and thoughts.

I love music visualization :)

Currently I have:

Pioneer GR-555
Technics SH-8046
Technics SH-GE70

Also any recommendations for another spectrum analyzer with an Amber/Orange display like the GR-555?

Rich

Dont use it much but when plugged into the system it is Pretty

YAMAHA EQ-1100

(Pic from net)

164055068_yamaha-eq-1100-high-end-raumkorrektur-graphic-equalizer-.jpg

Crown EQ2 w a Crown TEF. Just 6 rack spaces. I'm joking of course. But they are great, just not one unit. How about a Mcintosh or Lyngdorf fully automatic Room Perfect processors. Set up the mic at your listing position and a few other positions through out the room for the processor/computer to get the knowledge of your speaker and listening space. Wait a few minutes to crunch some numbers and then you have everything voiced, either for just your listing position or for the total preferred listening area. No dials or displays to worry about , no bunches of controls to twiddle. Then if you want you can connect a PC and select different curves pre programmed in or make up variations of your own. With the Mcintosh you can even set it up to be a bi-amp electrical crossover or to add and tune 1 or 2 separate sub woofers. Old graphic analyzer/equalizers, are just that, old, inadequate and out dated. You might find some Odessy processors that give you more personal flexibility. If you want the cat's meow look for an Accuphase unit where you draw the curve you want on the screen and it makes it so.

Probably one of the better displays is on the BSR . Bonus points if you get one that still has the stock mike for doing real time testing.

Still got mine, but it no longer stores multiple curves. It uses a "battery capacitor" to store that info when the unit is turned off, and that tends to go south over time. We ARE talking a 40 year old unit.

Bonus points if you get one that still has the stock mike for doing real time testing.

I know what you mean... I have the stock mic for the Yamaha EQ-1100 but took a good long while to get it.

If only I could get my hands on the remote

Teac EQA-20 was a pretty one. Cleaned out my garage last week and threw it out (stopped using EQ's years ago and wasn't worth the hassle to sell). It is a cool looking display.

Outta all of the consumer oriented EQ's,probably the Sansui SE-8/SE-8X.
Available in silver -or- black,with -or- without rack mounts/handles.
Excellent THD & S2N specs as well,w/nice long throw sliders,yadda,yadda,yadda.

Outta the ones I own,definitely my Sansui SE-80.
index.php

The SE-80 is also very good in terms of the THD & S2N specifications.

JM2¢

Bret P.

Last edited:
Second vote on the Audio Control C-101, gave mine to my wife's nephew.

Also, a dbx 14-10 I didn't give that one away....sold it instead.

You really can't see the C-101 in action but it's sitting on top of the dbx-3bx in the picture

Attachments

• Animal.jpg
    Animal.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 72
Audio Control C101. I bought a series II in '92 and still use it!
Its either this or an SAE parametric, most of the rest are just pretenders. This company started in business only making EQs, so they had to be good Had mine since the 80s

AudioSource model EQ ONE Series II is all I own now and it's not used very much anymore but it's definitely not a pretender

lrIN8vO.jpg

KaAOzVx.jpg

I used to have a Audio Control C101, it had the wooden sides. Good EQ until it died back in the 90s

Last edited:
I have a Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro DEQ 2496 with 31 band eq and 61-band RTA that does a whole shite-load of things, including auto-eq for the room. These are probably the best bang for the buck though reliability may be questionable.

I don't leave it in the system and only use it for testing.

10021980.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Fantastic. I have to say I do love my Technics SH-8046. Very bright display, and very interesting technology indeed. yet to see an SH-8066 pop up for sale online.

Perhaps not consumer hifi equipment, more on the pro side. I would love one of these: Alesis DEQ-230D

Back
Top Bottom