Favorite Movie soundtracks and why

millerdog

The Mod Squad
I got the soundtrack to "2001" a while back and just listened to it tonight. Pretty cool, cause I could imagine the scenes as the music played. It's the only classical music I own.
Another soundtrack I like is "Bladerunner."
What are your favorite soundtracks and why?

Masked And Anonymous,the soundtrack to Dylan's movie of the same name. Well the reason,new songs by Dylan

Alan

i like the 'dollars' soundtracks that ennio morricone did in the sixties-- 'for a few dollars more', 'a fistful of...', so on and so forth. they are incredibly inventive, mysterious, haunting. they truly heighten and deepen those films.

another fave is the giorgio moroder soundtrack to 'cat people'...early electronica, and a david bowie song (putting out fire) that is over the top rockin' bowie....

pat methey's 'falcon and the snowman' is also a great piece of atmostpherics, and also features a bowie song--"this is not america"

so there ya go guys. mebbe i'll tink of smore.

shrinkboy

Favorite soundtracks

Favorite soundtracks for no particular reason cept they sound good. Not complete soundtracks only themes that I like from some soundtracks I've heard.
Get Carter-3 tracks
Conan the Barbarian-Anvil of Crom
Terminator II
Rambo I
Eye of the Tiger-Rocky
Fast and the Furious
Flashdance
Hunt for Red October
Dirty Dancing-I had the Time of My Life
James Bond Theme-The New one
Mission Impossible-new one
Pretty Woman-Must have been Love
Charlie Brown-Peanuts
Predator- Opening Theme
Hang Em High
Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good the Bad the Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the Old West

Welcome to AK Wireworm,look everone another Canadian,soon we will take over AK,soon wewill take over AK

Have fun WW5

Alan

The movie Crossroads. Not the Britney Boobs one !

Originally posted by millerdog
...Another soundtrack I like is "Bladerunner."

That soundtrack got me into Jean-Michel Jarre. I even saw him perform live in down town Houston. It was outdoors with a laser light show against the downtown buidlings. His mega light organ was wicked shooting light straight up from the keys in to the night sky. When he broke the beam with his hand it would make a note, cool stuff.

Brando, Duvall, Hopper,Vietnam,LSD,Canabalism. What a rush!!!

Apocalypse Now.........

Think about it!:eek:

Last edited:
"The Big Chill" has a great soundtrack. "Donnie Darko" has a great dreamy-chilling sound track. "Run Lola Run" has a fast pace blood pumping sound track and fits the movie very well. All you HT fans (Thor) would do well to check this one out. Leave the dubbed version, pick up the original.

"Redheaded Stranger" (which is a goofy movie, and actually the music came first) But the album from Willie is fantastic.

"Repo Man"

"Blade Runner"

"Fight Club"

J

Mr. Toasted, it's time to put on some " Round-up".

Favorite ?

Probably, " A Clockwork Orange". Although there was a movie back in the early 80's where the boys sang one of my favorite TV Theme songs......I think it was called Stand By Me...or some such....

Regards,

Joe

PS= I really like all of the sound tracks to the early Monster movies. Even Frankie smiled went the music started playing.

Hey Doc, is that CD a hoot or what? "Happy Trails" is the follow-up cd also on Telarc if you're into it. Again, Kunzel & The Cincinnati Pops. It reprises the old Art Fiedler & The Boston Pops "Pops Round-Up", with the big medley of 50's-60's tv western themes. CD closer is Roy Rogers himself with the Cincy Pops doing "Happy Trails". It's a must have if you're a fan, and also takes your system for a wicked ride, just like "Round-Up" on Telarc.

You like the soundtrack to the original Bela Lugosi's "Dracula?" I love it! Not a note of music in the soundtrack, only during the opening credits. Scare your pants off anyway!

Regards man,

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

I've always liked the soundtracks to Conan, and the one Queen did for "Highlander" I also pretty much like all John Williams stuff.

How did I miss the soundtrack to "FM."
Steely Dan and Linda Rondstant thanking QSKY radio in a live concert!
Reminds me of high school;)

LA DOLCE VITA

Just my perverse love of the film and all that goes with it. Like Hendrix's ELECTRIC LADYLAND, it is, indeed, 'a mighty mess.'

Which is why I love them both...

ED:)

All-time favorite would definitely have to be BLADE RUNNER. Although I would also have to add LOTR THE TWO TOWERS and KOYANISQATSI to my list. All three have the ability to simply transport me away from the banalities of day-to-day existence.

Then again, I also like VICTOR/VICTORIA. Very catchy tunes I find myself humming along with...

Thor I am very surprised at you. You didn't pick Maximum Overdrive, which is basically AC/DC'c Who Made Who. I was thinking of having a house warming party this next week or so and that disk always gets a spin or 2.

Back
Top Bottom