Favorite Movie soundtracks and why

i am revisiting here, as i posted earlier. but i found myself this morning reaching to put on an old favorite CD, Birdy, the soundtrack to the film of the same name, starring the very young nic cage. peter gabriel did the music. oh, yeah! that's a soundtrack isn't it? which also brings to mind....

Passion, Gabriel's soundtrack for Last Temptation of Christ, another all time, ALL TIME fave.....

so there's two more.

shrinkboy

If I had to pick only one, I'd have to say Tucker, done by Joe Jackson. Next up would be Disney's Lilo & Stitch. Some of you are probably saying :wtf: but if you listen the main title (track 6 on the disc) you'll see what I mean. I use this as a demo track. Somebody at Disney was paying attention. ;)

Gents- 2 come to mind-"A Clockwork Orange" & "Tubular Bells". "ACW" must have been mind-blowing stuff for '71. Kubrick was a mad genius. I don't know which part of "TB" I like best-the "caveman" part, the "solo" part, or the "dirge" part at the end,right B4 they go into "Sailor's Hornpipe".-Sandy G.

Originally posted by omer
If I had to pick only one, I'd have to say Tucker, done by Joe Jackson. Next up would be Disney's Lilo & Stitch. Some of you are probably saying :wtf: but if you listen the main title (track 6 on the disc) you'll see what I mean. I use this as a demo track. Somebody at Disney was paying attention. ;)

Looks like it's time to turn Kazaa on ;)

Sandy G, All I can say is wow!!! I never thought I would see A Clockwork Orange as a favorite soundtrack. That blows my mind, and I have to agree, that is a very good soundtrack.

Cooder

If you like Crossroads, check out Cooder's soundtrack to Wim Wenders' Paris, Texas.. This is the one soundtrack I listen to frequently.

MorePower- Yep, it's a good 'un, all right. The classical stuff sounds appropriately sinister & foreboding enuff played on the Moog synthesiser. I wasn't the only one who loved it-one of my frat brothers was a Phi Beta Kappa & he'd borrow my tape of it to study by. Guess I hoped some of his smarts would rub off on me-didn't work.-Sandy G.

Terminator
Terminator 2
I like Brad Fiedel's style,I have tryed to imulate his style in my ambient keyboard music I record.

Beverly Hills Cop
Just dig the tunes

Blues Brothers Movie
Thought Belushi and Akroyd had a great thing going very catchy tunes.

Trick or Treat w/Gene Simmons and Ozzy
Just great Rock tracks from 'Fastway'

sorry, I meant track 7

It's titled "He Mele No Lilo", track 7, and if you're downloading the MP3, it won't sound as good. :(

Stop it with the MP3 hate I've never heard vinyl and MP3 sounds as good as CD's to me. I sold my CD collection of over 350 + CD's cuz I couldn't hear a difference ;)

I gotta admit there's a LOT of stuff that I've got on MP3 that doesn't sound any differnet from the original cd, but sometimes it's cool having the original product with liner notes and such. ;)

I always try to get the highest kbps (never lower than 128) possible and I always DL 3 or 4 versions from different users and listen to each and keep the one that sounds the best, that way most of what I have I dare anyone to do a blind test and tell me if it's MP3 or CD, everyone who comes over and has heard my stereo (this is over a hundred people) never know it's not CD's till I tell them or they see me go to the PC or use my PC remote to change songs ;)

"He Mele No Lilo"

omer,
DL'ed this last night after reading this thread. I've got to admit it is pretty good. I've only listened to it on the computer system (Klipsch\THX 4.1) and it really makes use of the sub, the whole room vibrates. Will have to burn it to a cd and see how it sounds on a better system.

Kim

Anybody ever hear of a movie called " Ready to Wear"?

I've never seen it but the soundtrack is great. I bought it for a buck at the local pawn shop.

I really like the Stones doing " Jump on Top of Me", U2 doing " Lemon", Cranberries doing "Pretty", and most of the others.

Buy it cheap and all of you except Thor won't be disappointed.

Regards,

Joe

Back
Top Bottom