Favorite STAR TREK Character(s) and Who Should Be Airlocked?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by soundmotor, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Worst...character...ever.

[​IMG]

2. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Burn the databank free of the Holographic Doctor - UGH, what a waste of electrons - Neelix was only "slightly" better ...

3. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member Subscriber

I used to dislike her but rewatching the shows I came to think she has more grit and resolution than most of the leadership characters in the Star Trek shows. She's kind'a warlike.

4. Eric H

Eric H AK Subscriber Subscriber

I agree, I didn't like her at all first time I saw it, her voice was very offputting, to the point where I didn't watch it at all, caught Voyager years later on Netflix and loved it. She gets totally bad ass towards the end, full throttle ahead and f**k anyone that gets in the way.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Bill Ferris and Tom Brennan like this.
  5. nailer

nailer audionerd Subscriber

Although DS9 predated B5.

6. nailer

nailer audionerd Subscriber

Push Wesley, Will, Deanna and her mother out the airlock.

7. Eric H

Theoretical question, if you shoved Data out the Airlock would it matter? Wouldn't he just float around in space, unharmed, forever, until his power supply went dead?

8. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Wearing a new uniform.
    kate-mulgrew.jpg

9. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Andrea
    Andrea.jpg

10. mfrench

mfrench AK Subscriber Subscriber

The Gorn, of course. Especially the love scene with Kirk:
    [​IMG]

Alobar likes this.
  11. mfrench

mfrench AK Subscriber Subscriber

And then there was this love scene,....Kirk about to get the big horn:
    [​IMG]

12. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

DS9 debuted Jan 1993,
    B5 aired their test pilot movie in Feb 1993

There's lots of other places that can go into the 'controversy' of JMS shopping his idea of B5 around - including Paramount before production began on either.

...back to our regularly scheduled program...

13. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Riker- the guy with no concept of personal space.... even in a show about space. :thumbsdown:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

When I think of the best episodes of the various Star Treks. The original series the best single episode is The City on The Edge of Forever, S1E28, TNG as discussed elsewhere The Inner Light S5E25, I never watched much of DS9, B5 was so superior in every way I could not stand DS9. Star Trek Voyager, I can't think of an episode that really stands out. The 2 episode Endgame S7E25, S7E26 finale is good, and is a nice finish for STV but it does not really stand out as a dramatic performance, Patrick Stewart's performance in Best of Both Worlds S3E26, Part 2 S4E1, was superior. "I am Locutus of Borg" at the end of S3E26 damn. [Star Trek] Enterprise was really very entertaining, I loved the "A" hole Vulcans but none of the episodes was a real standout. I thought the whole temporal cold war theme was poorly conceived. There is enough of time war stories in science fiction writing that they could have come up with something a lot better. The best part of Enterprise was the relationship between Captain Archer (Scott Bakula), Commander General Andorian Imperial Guard Thy-Lek Shran (Jeffrey Combs), and Ambassador Soval (Gary graham).

15. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

Gene Roddenberry, is on the fence with me as to whether his influence (he and his utopian ideals stood like a shadow over all trek shows) was for the better or worse. His influence did sort of bind the series together perhaps (prime directive) with the exception of Enterprise, but also was probably responsible for children on next generation as well as all the other religious or spiritual, meditative aspects to the shows, some of which grew tiresome to me. I tend to prefer more action and less kids running around on the ship, and I blame Roddenberry for some of the worst episodes. But possibly some of the better as well.

16. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

The problem with the Roddenberry mafia was Star Trek became canonized. The one thing I never liked about STNG was they hardly ever dealt with serious issues because in the future day most all of the issues had been solved. I recount the first episode of Babylon 5 I watched, Deathwalker S1E9. It opens with Na'Toth (Julie Caitlin Brown) in the entry/customs area of B5. She hisses and explanation You! when she spots a lady entering the station. She jumps this lady, Jha'dur, a Dilgar, (Sara Douglas) a wanted war criminal. The enraged Na'Thot attempts to beat her to death, and would have if secruity had not pulled her away. I remember thinking to myself, wow this is no "Star Trek".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Erik Tracy and Alobar like this.
  17. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

18. Eric H

If they find they're in a bind they just make shit up.

19. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

I'd like to see this as a series!

Set phasers to malky!

20. ducati_EL34

ducati_EL34 Super Member

The Dominion or more appropriately, Borg lite, what a tedious storyline.