Favorite TV Show

No TV here Ron. Just a subtle reminder. Put the cig's down.
Just checking on you Ron. Down the road, it will make a world of difference. Short-term food will taste like it should. While we were in Nicaragua I bought a cigar. Good thing I waited to smoke it as it ruined my taste buds for days.

Northern Exposure
Seinfeld
The Wild Wild West
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Waltons
The King Of Queens
Lavern & Shirley

Northern Exposure

comedy that did not indulge in use of the typical fast paced dialog and laugh tracks. well written, very well developed characters, off-beat and interesting story lines

curiously, the main character, Joel, was a bit off-putting to me and not only because the character was written to be that way. so for a long time I had no interest in the series. but getting to know all of the other characters, quirky, loveable, flawed as they are, more than made up for any screen time relegated to the main guy

Gunsmoke (1955-1975)... the preeminent example of concise story telling. The half hour episodes seemed like hour long ones & the hour seemed like two hours. Great character development & story lines.

Kung Fu (1972-1975)... Flashback scenes to Shaolin temple & how it related to the weekly story line.

Many of the aphorisms used in the series are adapted from or derived directly from the Tao Te Ching, a book of ancient Taoist philosophy attributed to the sage Lao-tzu.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
There is no #1 for me......but I enjoyed "Northern Exposure" very much.

....Quirky, character driven show
....not sure what that says about me!! :rolleyes:

That was one of my favorite as well.
The shooting location of the show was Roslyn, WA - about hour and half drive from Seattle. In fact, I was there yesterday. There's a town called Cle Elum next to Roslyn. They have pretty much everything you need. Coffee shop, bakery, and a gun store. :)

I've been going there for over two decades whenever I feel like driving around and getting fresh air. In fact, if anyone is in Seattle area, you should definitely visit. Pioneer coffee company sells one of the best tasting coffees around. Very mild at first, but you just have to let it cool down a little and the flavors come out. The Cle Elum bakery is located just few blocks east of the coffee place. They have the old style donuts and pastries. Go there in the morning and try the plain cake donuts. Simply amazing. I always bring a box of 'em home.

51nUbET3mNL._AC_US218_.jpg

The Outer Limits (1963 to 1965) original TV series. Really liked this series when I was a crumb cruncher. Own the entire series on VHS & eventually DVD.

The above book is extremely rare and hard to find. Really adds to enjoyment of the series ... behind the scenes details of every original episode. The book is the reason that this series is one of my favorites of all time.

Last edited:
When I was a kid, "Twilight Zone", "The Addams Family", and "The Soupy Sales Show" were my favorites. A bit later, I became addicted to "The Prisoner", and then Britcoms...."Benny Hill", Monty Python", The Young Ones", Fawlty Towers", "Are You Being Served", "Red Dwarf", and my favorite of all time, "Last Of The Summer Wine"....

American shows that have held my interest:, "The Shield", "Rescue Me", "Breaking Bad", "Better Call Saul", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Frazier",and "Last Man Standing".

Tough to answer
Early on
Twightlight zone Honey mooners
Odd Couple, MASH , All in the family, Night gallery
Later Taxi, Barney Miller
Monty Python
I thought early west wing was great. Also early CSI but it ran too long . Same for early ER
Hill street Blues
Big Bang Theory
I also really liked the crocodile hunter (he was always so happy to find something that could kill him)

MV5BMjEwMTEyMjgzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDY2MTEzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMjE1M2VhMjUtMDcwNy00YmMxLTgyMGItM2Q2YmRmOTE3MjM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU5OTg5NDc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,792,1000_AL_.jpg

Nichols, with Jim Garner '71-'72

Most memorable TV show was a 1956 episode of Kraft Mystery Theater titled "The Fool Killer".
The Fool Killer chopped off the heads of people that did foolish stuff....haunts me to this day.

Last edited:
Oh sure, there were and are better TV shows, but back when I was young enough to actually have a "favorite TV show," there was nothing better than the Six Million Dollar Man. Everything groovy about the 70s is in this photo.

740full-the-six-million-dollar-man-screenshot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom