February 24, 2018 Chicago (sort of) South Wisconsin Get-Together

Anyone on the fence for whatever reason just go. You won’t meet a better host and I really enjoyed meeting people from here in person. I was really looking forward to going but I can’t skip the other commitment. If you’ve never attended a “stereo nerd” get together it’s not a bunch of stuffed shirt guys quietly and studiously reviewing audio gear: it’s regular people who love music sharing experiences.

It’s a great time; don’t miss it if you can go!

Thanks for the nice words, Rich. Hope you enjoy your concert tonight.

Thinking about a summer event but am waiting for today's events to unfold. According to my non-audio interested wife, it's the best party we host and I've missed doing so the last 2 years.

See everyone after 1 PM.

Anyone on the fence for whatever reason just go. You won’t meet a better host and I really enjoyed meeting people from here in person. I was really looking forward to going but I can’t skip the other commitment. If you’ve never attended a “stereo nerd” get together it’s not a bunch of stuffed shirt guys quietly and studiously reviewing audio gear: it’s regular people who love music sharing experiences.

It’s a great time; don’t miss it if you can go!
Agree I m really sorry to miss this today... will miss everyone for sure.

Hope all goes well would love to make the next one. I really wanted to make this one just couldn't make it happen. Have fun!
looking forward to Pics.

Typical Robie party...great! The new space he and Colette built couldn’t be better! So good...thank you both!

FD85582F-06FF-4A2A-999F-064FA47DCC21.jpeg

Great company, food and audio. Thanks to Robie & Colette for hosting the Chicago get together again. I'm glad that I was able to make it.

Great party once again!

Thanks Bob and Collette for putting this together, it’s obvious it takes a lot of effort.
I really enjoyed the sounds from the Rectilinear Highboys driven by Scott 299, playing I think a Nils Lofgren solo album?
The big B&W with the 6 wpc SEP amp was a real nice surprise, too.

Last edited:
Thanks for inviting us all into your home, Bob & Collette. Good food, good people, good sounds - what more could you ask for? I heard someone say we're doing it again next week? (kidding)

My most sincere thanks to those that attended and made this a great day. As I like to point out, I have the easy part (and shortest drive home).

Loved the big B&Ws driven by the Jim's Tool Shed 6W tube amp. Also, Mike's vintage Scott integrated made the Rectlinear High boys, sing.

Pretty sure I was too busy staying hydrated to take pics but post 'em if you got 'em.

In retrospect I’m sure the party had better tonal qualities than the concert. We had fun with our friends but the sound engineer for the band should be flogged.

IMG_20180224_150306.jpg IMG_20180224_150312.jpg
Thanks to Robie and Collette for hosting a great party and supplying some great eats. My first attendance. The new garage works well for parties. Fine job.
Pics of Jims Tool Shed tube amp and Robie's Son's hand crafted PA speakers. Not yet finished, but looked nice,sounded fine with the 6 watt tube amp! He appears to have got the audio bug.

Last edited:
Great party once again!

Thanks Bob and Collette for putting this together, it’s obvious it takes a lot of effort.
I really enjoyed the sounds from the Rectilinear Highboys driven by Scott 299, playing I think a Nils Lofgren solo album?
The big B&W with the 6 wpc SEP amp was a real nice surprise, too.

Wish we got to hear that Magnavox too, Kirk.

Also had some IMF Super Compact II in the car. But I figured that's probably a speaker that's more suited to lower volumes in a smaller room, rather than a larger room with lots of well 'hydrated' people :).

So they stayed in the car.

Back
Top Bottom