Fest 2010 local Restaurants

There is a Flemming's, Gaucho and J Alexanders within 3 miles of the Hotel. Morton's is in Southfield, about 15 to 20 minutes away. Ruth Chris is about 30-35 minutes. Maybe some of the west side folks can recommend others.

The Novi Chop House is about 10 minites away at the Crown Plaza Hotel across the street from 12 Oaks Mall in Novi, USDA prime steaks, very pricey though!! No VI Chop House

For us far west siders, in downtown Brighton, there's the Stillwater Grill, my son works there and it has been the number 1 restaurant in the county for 12+ years, excellent steaks, OK, my son cooks them so they better be good!! Via the highway it's about 20 minutes from the hotel. :thmbsp: Stillwater Grill

Stillwaterlogo-new.gif

Thanks for the ideas, gonna treat me and my audio bud to some good eats while there...having free place to stay allows room to splurge:yes:

A mile down the road are a whole slew of other restaurants next to schoolcraft college at 6 mile and Haggerty. If you are adventurious and venture across 275 to newburgh and 6 mile there is another group. No shortage of places.

The Irish restaurant near Schoolcraft College, called the Claddagh, is particularly good. Their corned beef and coleslaw sandwich is not to be missed, and their fish and chips are great. They also have Guinness on tap, as any good Irish pub or restaurant should.

The Irish restaurant near Schoolcraft College, called the Claddagh, is particularly good. Their corned beef and coleslaw sandwich is not to be missed, and their fish and chips are great. They also have Guinness on tap, as any good Irish pub or restaurant should.

And nearly (very close) next door is Mitchell's Fish Market (not a market but a restaurant) if you are a fish freak. Really good stuff. More info here:

http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/

Location (Livonia):

http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/index.cfm?selectlocation=16

Jeff

I heard from a business colleague who hails from Canada and goes back on fishing trips claims they have the best fish and chips he has ever had, and he has had a lot. I wish I was allowed to consume Guinness. My wife has banned it from my brew menu. :nono: I don't remember why. Maybe I can sneak a black and tan.

You non-Detroiters should know that Coney Islands are actually a Detroit thing, rather than a NewYork thing, and are good spots for breakfast food. Many are open 24/7, too.:thmbsp:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_(restaurant)

I've been to Morton's, Ruth's Chris, and El Gaucho. Gaucho, hands down. It's so hard to find 'real' F & C outside the UK. :tears:

If you're into a nicer sports bar with decent food, there is a Champps in front of the AMC cinema on Haggerty between 7 mile and 8 mile. Opposite side of Haggerty from the Sheraton.

Bryan

Back
Top Bottom