Fest fever!

Well, I hope that at least this year the elevators stop on the floor you want 'em to...and the hotel's restaurant is back open...Altho that restaurant down the street from Grumpy's house was VERY good...

Wow! I know the FEST will be FANTASTIC! I tried booking a flight last week and the rates were ridiculous. My daughter wanted to visit University of MI and my wife was going to do the tours while I attended the Fest. About $1,600 not including hotel, car, etc. so I had to pass.:tears:

Would have loved to be there but we all will be anxiously awaiting updates and pics!

Hoping you all have a blast :banana:

Wow, I fly Northwest from Detroit to Raleigh once a month or so - usually runs about $300 roundtrip, sometimes less - 1.5 hour flight nonstop. If I am willing to be routed through Philly or DC, I can get it for $145 or so. Seriously, you might want to consider driving down to NC and flying out of Raleigh. Wish I had known you were having trouble finding good airline prices. Bummer, man.

Wigwam Jones said:
Wow, I fly Northwest from Detroit to Raleigh once a month or so - usually runs about $300 roundtrip, sometimes less - 1.5 hour flight nonstop. If I am willing to be routed through Philly or DC, I can get it for $145 or so. Seriously, you might want to consider driving down to NC and flying out of Raleigh. Wish I had known you were having trouble finding good airline prices. Bummer, man.

Yep,that was for three of us. If it had only been me, I would have been willing to be diverted to get a cheaper flight but with the women along, it just wasn't going to work. Scheduling was also an issue as we could not leave until late Friday and had to be back by Sunday afternoon. when you add too many restrictions, the cost jumps tremendously as I am sure you are aware.

I will make plans next year however as I will be coming alone! :thmbsp:

6thumbs said:
any body going there to record scrounge i,m looking for a lp ,,,,RUBY STARR with GREY GHOST if any body find one in decent shape grab it and ak me ,,thanks in advance ,,,robert
I saw them once. :sigh:

Carl

Say their computer's tore up at the Fest? Hehehe..Ain't wishin' 'em no bad luck or nothin', but I hope their music server gets stuck on "Atomic Dog", "Dancing Queen", or "Feelings"....<grin>

What you're missing...

Anybody want to buy a 50/50 ticket? I thought so.

IMGP1435.JPG

Wigwam Jones said:
Anybody want to buy a 50/50 ticket? I thought so.

IMGP1435.JPG

Those dogs! Getting such a beautiful woman to lure all of those poor suckers in! :yes:

Where do I buy some?:banana:

Let me assure you, without question, she's even more gorgeous in person. I bought another $10 worth, on top of what I already had.

She was handin' out grinders at lunch.

I had seconds.:thmbsp:

If I was any more depressed I would have to lay down.

THE WORLD SUCKS and 2500 miles is to far for a weekend on my budget.

Crap! :yikes:

I asked for pictures and you showed me pictures... :drool:

Scott

Sick kids are keeping me home this year...so far. I'm still hoping to sneak over there tomorrow.

Pictures already _GREAT!

Thanks. some great shots, so much stuff to see and hear! The elevator still has a mind of it's own! The best people make for the best time!

Terry

Another...

:yippy: :yippy: :yippy: :yippy: :yippy:
GOOD MORNING!!!
:yippy: :yippy: :yippy: :yippy: :yippy:

from me...hope all you folks are having a GREAT time at the AK Fest 2007!! I had a full day yesterday of 2 high school musical performances and to say that it was great fun would be an understatement--it was excellent...such talents on stage!! During the two final numbers there were over 100 students, fully choreographed and all singing--just stunning! Today is the last of 4 shows and all are (have been) sold out.

Happy AK Fest 2007 everyone and safe travels home!! Um...er...uh...anymore 50/50 tickets? :D

Back
Top Bottom