Fillmore East Preservation Society Website-All Show Listings 1968-71

bobsvinyl

Painfully Aware
I was trying to remember who played with Jefferson Airplane when I saw them at the Fillmore East on either November 29th or 30th, 1968 (can't remember which day). There was a Blues guitarist and an African dance group that opened the show. The Blues guy was incredible. I found out from this site that it was Buddy Guy!

Guy was wailing away on his guitar and left the stage and came down the center aisle. I was in the balcony. One of the stage crew was feeding out extension cord on the stage and Buddy disappeared below me. The next thing I knew, the balcony doors swung open and here he comes down the aisle right next to me. I was only 17 and that was one hell of an experience between him and the Airplane.

This site is a real resource and contains some incredible shows over the 4 year period. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.fillmore-east.com/showlist.html

I was trying to remember who played with Jefferson Airplane when I saw them at the Fillmore East on either November 29th or 30th, 1968 (can't remember which day). There was a Blues guitarist and an African dance group that opened the show. The Blues guy was incredible. I found out from this site that it was Buddy Guy!

Guy was wailing away on his guitar and left the stage and came down the center aisle. I was in the balcony. One of the stage crew was feeding out extension cord on the stage and Buddy disappeared below me. The next thing I knew, the balcony doors swung open and here he comes down the aisle right next to me. I was only 17 and that was one hell of an experience between him and the Airplane.

This site is a real resource and contains some incredible shows over the 4 year period. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.fillmore-east.com/showlist.html

Nice story and link Bob, thanks for sharing both.

At first I thought this thread title was: "The Village Green Preservation Society" :) I know Bob, you are old enough to get that one. A freind of mine saw Hnedrix 2 or 3 times at the Fillmore, he never fails to rub that in when we are discussing music. Thanks for the link.

At first I thought this thread title was: "The Village Green Preservation Society" :) I know Bob, you are old enough to get that one. A freind of mine saw Hnedrix 2 or 3 times at the Fillmore, he never fails to rub that in when we are discussing music. Thanks for the link.

There must have been some Kinks in the link. :D

Back
Top Bottom