FINALLY(updated)!!...

saggy

These go to 11
Whew. I spent a lot of time and energy buying and selling and saving my pennies and I finally finished my system. (for now).

I came away with a super clean, AudioClassics-serviced, McIntosh C35 (with remote!!!) and paired it with a MC2155 which just came back from a recap and LED conversion from Hudson Valley HiFi. They join my Technics SL-1200 MkII and my trusty Mytek Brooklyn DAC, which is fed by a Bluesound Node 2.

I also finally snagged a great-sounding pair of Totem Rainmakers to round everything off.

I actually feel content now.

Attachments

• IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 289
Beautiful looking set up and congrats to you:thumbsup: I'll be the lone dissenter thus far and suggest getting that beautiful gear out of that rack and in the open where you can see and admire it better. Looks like the MC2155 could use more ventilation as well

Great grouping there. Congrats. Any thought on getting those great Totems on some stands?

I also finally snagged a great-sounding pair of Totem Rainmakers to round everything off.

Great grouping there. Congrats. Any thought on getting those great Totems on some stands?

Looks like the MC2155 could use more ventilation as well

Nice system, but I agree that the amp could use more ventilation. I also think the location of those Totems would cause severe feedback from your turntable by sharing the same cabinet. That TT looks lke a challenge to use where it is. Your cabinet is beautiful, but if it were me (and it's not), I would put the TT and the Macs on top of it for ease of use and because they are too cool looking to hide. I would also get some nice solid stands for the speakers to avoid any feedback issues.

What's behind door number three?

Last edited:
Nice system, but I agree that the amp could use more ventilation. I also think the location of those Totems would cause severe feedback from your turntable by sharing the same cabinet. That TT looks lke a challenge to use where it is. Your cabinet is beautiful, but if it were me (and it's not), I would put the TT and the Macs on top of it for ease of use and because they are too cool looking to hide. I would also get some nice solid stands for the speakers to avoid any feedback issues.

What's behind the door number three?

I'm actually lucky that I don't have any feedback from the TT, but it is a challenge to use. I'm going to try to put it on top in the middle and see what happens.

Yes, I am worried about the ventilation. I adjusted so many shelves yesterday that I said I'd readjust today. My wife would prefer if the amps stay inside the cabinet, and since she's always been cool with my hobby I'll be cool back.

The door on the right is nothing exciting; it has the cable box, modem, router, and my Panamax power conditioner (you can see the lights).

As for the speakers, I was about to pull the trigger on some stands but I think I'm going to wait until my youngest gets a little older. She is 2 right now and I don't need her pulling them down.

Good thing is that I'm in a GREAT place right now and feel no need to switch up anything. First time in probably 3 years that I've felt this way. I REALLY enjoyed the music last night.

By the way, for those of you NOT trolling me, and who actually truly do like the cabinet, it's the Carved Media Console from West Elm. They routinely have it on sale for an affordable price. (I mention that because I had a thread here earlier with the console as the main star).

west-elm-carved-wood-media-console-3d-model-max-obj-fbx-mtl.jpg

That’s a good place to be in, happy with the system. I embarked on a similar journey about a year ago and ended up with a pair of Rainmakers as well, what a pleasing speaker to listen to!

Very nice. Been looking at the Rainmakers myself. I would love to hear your impressions about these. Thanks.

Very nice. Been looking at the Rainmakers myself. I would love to hear your impressions about these. Thanks.
Absolutely tremendous speakers. After meeting Vince from Totem and understanding how they make their stuff I'm even more impressed.

They get pretty low for a bookshelf/standmount speaker and image very well. But i think what Totem is after - and they do, in fact, accomplish - is the pursuit of eliminating all audio buzzwords from descriptions of their speakers; they simply want you to enjoy listening to them - and I know I do. They are the most enjoyable speakers I've heard in many moons. I also really liked their little siblings, the Dreamcatchers.

PS - Totem is coming out with a new speaker soon that should be the best in its class that there is. The driver is the key. I can't remember what Vince said about it (and what others have reiterated to me) but his new speaker should be amazing. And $5000.

Maybe @zackk can chime in. I think he has a pair for sale and would also know more about them than I.

Last edited:
Sexy!!

A pic request of it closed up. I would move the speakers an inch towards the middle and 1 inch back. Very beautiful execution! And nice gear too!

Enjoy!

Sexy!!

A pic request of it closed up. I would move the speakers an inch towards the middle and 1 inch back. Very beautiful execution! And nice gear too!

Enjoy!
As you can see, it’s a small room. I made the speaker adjustment. Sounds a little tighter but even in those 2 inches i feel i lose a bit of soundstage. Totem suggests 4-8 feet so i think I’ll keep em a little wider.

Attachments

• 6602BAD2-2614-4EE1-BACB-EE7744F891B6.jpeg
    6602BAD2-2614-4EE1-BACB-EE7744F891B6.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 66
  • 960D635C-476B-48F6-AA81-09054215B347.jpeg
    960D635C-476B-48F6-AA81-09054215B347.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 65
  • A97A219F-DB18-400E-B00D-6B2501AECF6F.jpeg
    A97A219F-DB18-400E-B00D-6B2501AECF6F.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom