Finished! Kegger-designed SE EL84 monoblocks

Beautiful, beautiful job! It would be great if you two would post the schematic once you are happy with it:yes:

Anyway Nate yah whenever yu get the time we should look at the voltages/circuit.
(glad it seems to be working well, plenty of different driver tubes to roll in there to)
I'll be able to measure the voltages sometime after the 1st of June. And thanks for the reminder about the different driver tubes to roll - I'll have to go back into my email records to find your list! :thmbsp:

Not much new to report. I've been listening and going through my tube collection to find different flavors to roll. I've got more EL84s than I knew, but many of them are untested.

attachment.php

Not to get off topic but can you tell me about these bad boys :thmbsp:

Hey, Nate - are you or Kegger gonna post a link to the schematic and parts list? I'm tempted to try a beer-budget version...

-D

Not to get off topic but can you tell me about these bad boys :thmbsp:
Those are doucanoe's frankenspeaker creations, with Bruce Edgar's 500hz horns (I think they're 500hz) on top and some big JBL something or others down low. Add thirty pounds of motor run caps and voila! Instant speakers.

Yep, Ween
GWS, The Pod or The Mollusk?
All of 'em! :)

Hey, Nate - are you or Kegger gonna post a link to the schematic and parts list? I'm tempted to try a beer-budget version...

-D
I'll defer to Kegger on that. We made a minor change or two to the circuit after I built it, and he may want to modify the original schematic.

Kegger is one of the most talented amp builders I've run across. Whatever the mods are, i'm sure they are good. :)

Actually it's Nate's fault! :)

He never got back to me with voltages and I never finished up the schematics. ;)
(I asked, he said they would be coming) :dunno:

Before I published the schematic I wanted to have real world voltage measurements
an see how everything looked an if there were any tweaks I thought were "needed".

Actually it's Nate's fault! :)

He never got back to me with voltages and I never finished up the schematics. ;)
(I asked, he said they would be coming) :dunno:

Before I published the schematic I wanted to have real world voltage measurements
an see how everything looked an if there were any tweaks I thought were "needed".
Um... :para:

:)

I just looked through our email chain and durned if you ain't right! (Of course you are!)

I took "before" measurements, made the changes, and never reported "after" measurements. Oops.

I appear to be an untalented clod!

Voltages soon, Keg... (Where have you heard that one before? :rolleyes:)

this is the problem with sticking an amp into the chain that sounds good, you never want to take it out for further measurements!:D

I've built the RH84 a few times as well as a few Maggies rebuilds and would love to try another SE 6BQ5 circuit (hint, HINT:smoke:).

I pulled the 45 amp out this morning and put the monoblocks back in. I'll try to get voltage readings later tonight...

I pulled the 45 amp out this morning and put the monoblocks back in. I'll try to get voltage readings later tonight...

Goodie, goodie, goodie! I'm jonesing for a new project (other than the 3-4 that I have already in the backlog).

-D

Nice amps, maybe I missed it, but who has possesion of these bad boys?

Almost like having a surrogate mother that ends up keeping the baby, must have been hard to give up these guys, that is if you did.:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom