Firefly

Yeah, I bought my BR DVD copy new, some years ago, and still can`t believe the super stupid network suits pulled the plug on a very popular & great series..

Sad

Given another year or two I think it could have really been excellent. Consider most multi-year series take a while to really get into a stride, and this one barely made a season. B5's first season wasn't exactly their best but it got better.

Given another year or two I think it could have really been excellent. Consider most multi-year series take a while to really get into a stride, and this one barely made a season. B5's first season wasn't exactly their best but it got better.

I concur gadget.

I really liked the show and would have loved to see it develop over a multiyear arc.
The concept was fun, the characters were great, and there was great potential in many directions
... A pity it never got past that initial run at Fox ...
Serenity was a nice capper - but more would have been nice!

Can't compare it to Bab5 - different times, different networks ...
JMS did amazing things with Michael O'Hare (Cmd Sinclair) leaving early,
and spinning the story arc each season as he had to chase down funding each time!!

Not a direct compare, but B5 had been mentioned. Any of the modern Star Trek series or Stargate series were also a little bit less than amazing right out of the gate. Takes a while to get really introduced to characters, though if you write the thing as a multi-episode arc rather than a serial where each episode has little to do with any other you can shorten that up by a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom