First post. Kenwood Eleven III questions

JAL413

Hello All,

First post here. I bought an Eleven III a few years ago and have finally gotten around to starting to work on it. It is "fully functional", but needs a going through. The left channel cuts out periodically and jiggling the Dolby FM switch brings it back on (I keep Dolby off). The line level meters are not balanced, even in mono. A previous owner did some (or had some) repairs done. I can see a few caps and resistors have been replaced on the power supply board. The timer looks like it was bypassed and then properly reconnected. The shaft coupling has been replaced/customized. And the big caps, though they appear original, have had some soldering done. At the moment though, the biggest issue is that the dial pulley and shaft seem to be missing a retainer of some kind as they slide right out of the variable capacitor, and the small gear on the pulley shaft that meshes with the variable capacitor shaft gear falls right off. Could someone possibly post a closeup picture of this area so I can see what is missing? Also, any recommendations for a person/shop for servicing or restoring? I searched on here and found someone repeatedly suggested for Kenwood, but wasn't sure if they were still around. Thanks in advance!

IMG_3133.JPG IMG_3135.JPG IMG_3134.JPG IMG_3136.JPG IMG_3141.JPG

Back
Top Bottom