First post, thought I'd share my system

Excellent! Welcome to the vintage thing. You will have fun tracking down vinyl and gear if so inclined in the Pittsburgh area. My guess is that area saw some pretty good time economically into the 70's when a lot of good old gear was being sold so hopefully you will be able to dig some things up as I am sure others in the area have. My family is from Ambridge BTW

Is that turntable heavy? What cartridge did you get?

Yeah, it's got some weight to it. Feels pretty solid, I like it. Only issue is the dust cover is cracked and I can't find this thing online anywhere, so I guess I'd have to figure out if another model had the same size. The guy at the shop suggested an Audio Technica to replace the one that was in there.

Cool! Any time I'm looking for great pizza I head to Ambridge.

Sounds like another one has been sucked down the proverbial rabbit hole. That's really nice gear you have there, and with the family connection, who could ask for more? Nice job on the finishes! Keep spinning

Cool gear and a great story behind them. If you're going to get into vinyl, then you should pick up a Spin Clean to wash those old records.

Back
Top Bottom