Fisher 400 - Chassis ground measures 120v AC. Shocking!

TravAndAlex

EXTRA UPDATE! Don't disregard. I thought I had it and for a while there was no voltage... but I just got shocked again!

Hey all. Next step in figuring what is going on with this poor old 400 is that it currently has 120v AC on the chassis... which seems far from ideal. Any ideas where I should start looking?

Last edited:
Check C64, a 0.01 uF bypass cap off the primary circuit. May also be a transformer short to ground.

As you are the "OWNER" of the thread, at the bottom of the 1st post in a thread, along the bottom of the box on the left side you'll see "EDIT DELETE REPORT". Click on DELETE thread and it's done.

As you are the "OWNER" of the thread, at the bottom of the 1st post in a thread, along the bottom of the box on the left side you'll see "EDIT DELETE REPORT". Click on DELETE thread and it's done.

Don't you have to be a subscriber to do that?

Tried deleting one of my old posts and I don't see it...I went to my first post and there is only edit and report. What am I missing??

Tried deleting one of my old posts and I don't see it...I went to my first post and there is only edit and report. What am I missing??

Yeah. I can't do it either. I've only got "Edit" and "Report" not "Delete" on my first post.

On a related note... the issue was much simpler. When I put the bottom back on the Fisher, I believe one of the wires on the power switch was touching the bottom. Voila... 120v.

Back
Top Bottom