Fisher 550T-660 transistor heat sinks

Steez51

anybody have a line on these. I'm missing one of four
OR....are they not necessary?

Attachments

• sinks.jpg
    sinks.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 21
From the photo, it looks like you have all 4, but if you are missing one, you should get a replacement. Digi-Key or mouser should have something that fits.

Thats a stock pic of a 550T. Mines a 660 and one is missing. Wondering about the clips that hold it on tho. I figure I could buy some aluminum sinks and strap em on with something non conductive

Steez, I have a junk 550-T in the garage...if you want an original heatsink let me know and I will see if it still has any (I think it does)...

Steez, I have a junk 550-T in the garage...if you want an original heatsink let me know and I will see if it still has any (I think it does)...
Dunno...I think Im gonna order those press on radial anodized ones. It'll help me justify Mousers shipping cost on 4 bucks worth of parts. This thing is nickle and dimeing me to death.
I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks!

AWWWW. You ain't been Nickel and Dimed to death until you start working on tube stuff, then it's Lincoln's and Hamilton's in STACKS!!!

AWWWW. You ain't been Nickel and Dimed to death until you start working on tube stuff, then it's Lincoln's and Hamilton's in STACKS!!!

The way to get nickel and dimed to death is allowing Digi-Key to back order out of stock resistors. They ship when they arrive and that is a box approximately 8 x 8 x 4, stuffed with packing materials and a bag of 10 or 25 resistors. No reason they couldn't have been put in a small envelope with 49 cents postage. Shipping approximately $3.50. Happened 3 times, with 2 being received on the same day. The automated system didn't even combine them. In the future, no back orders. I'll just wait until the next order.

...indeed...although I do have a 1970s Marantz that is absolutely nickel, dime, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson, etc., me like crazy...

My SX-737 was like that. Fix one thing and another one would pop up. about 1/2 way thru the unit I figure it would be cheaper to shotgun the whole thing at that point. Ended up being about $20. cheaper that way than one board of parts at a time plus shipping.

My 550-T is sitting waiting on an alignment for the same reasons. It's been totally recapped, and the RF/IF sections peaked. But the MPX board is so FUBAR'ed, it's unreal. Someone got in there and really went to town on the coil towers. They are all out of adjustment, and I mean really out!!! Dave's gonna have his hands full with this one.

I'm replacing the 6 25uf caps on the amp board....after replacing all the others.. Cant get this thing to make decent sound. Transistor Q803 runs blazing hot. How bout filter caps? Haven't got that far and it would be my first time. My neighbor who is very helpful (oscilloscope etc) is helping and teaching me. I think I recall a thread where Larry did that.

Back
Top Bottom